Assistant Dairy Production Manager - Earnslaw
Waikato- Central Plateau - Taupo, New Zealand /
Dairy Operations – Dairy /
Permanent - On Farm
· Progression opportunity
· Organic Farm
· Roster with 104 days off per year
Earnslaw is part of Pāmu's Pastoral Complex, located 15 minutes from Taupo. This is an 675 effective ha block which milks approximately 800 cows and also has a runoff block with youngstock.
As Assistant Dairy Production Manager you will assist the Production Manager with management of the herd and dairy operations and perform general farm duties. Following an internal promotion, this is a great opportunity to progress your dairy farming career within a supportive environment and take the first step towards farm management.
You will bring a positive attitude and a strong willingness to learn. The location offers easy access to good schooling and a wide range of outdoor recreational activities.
What you will bring
· A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in dairy farming (ITO level 2 preferred)
· Experience in pasture management e.g. farm walks and allocation of feed.
· Good animal husbandry skill (e.g. good milker, finding mastitis, identifying sick cows and able to do lame cows)
· Experience riding 2 wheeler motor bikes
· An exceptional attitude to health and safety and animal welfare
· The ability to work unsupervised and good communication skills
· Take pride in their work and surrounding environment
· Restricted or full drivers’ licence
We offer an attractive salary with additional benefits, as well as ongoing training and personal development to help you reach your personal and career goals. You will work on a roster system with a minimum of 104 days off per year.
For an informal chat about the role, please call Glenn Edwards on 027 706 8826.
Applications close on 20th January 2021 at 5.00 pm.
Pāmu is the brand name for Landcorp Farming of NZ, and successful applicants will be employed by Landcorp Farming of NZ.
Pāmu provides a safe workplace and the successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test and undergo a criminal background check prior to being appointed.
To be eligible for this role, you must be available for an in-person interview and have unrestricted legal rights to work in New Zealand.
Our values are core to who we are at Pāmu and the way that we all work together. We are Grounded, Genuine, Bold, and Shoulder-to-Shoulder. To read more, click on this link to see them on our website.
Due to border restrictions, we are only able to consider candidates currently residing in New Zealand with full work eligibility. If you are a NZ citizen or resident returning home, please be sure to include an explanatory note with your travel plans & timelines for being back in the country.