Dairy Production Manager - Souters Dairy - West Coast
West Coast - Greymouth, New Zealand /
Dairy Operations – Souters Dairy /
Permanent - On Farm
· Step up in your dairy career and support the Farm Manager
· 720 milking cows through a 50-bail rotary with ACR’s and in-shed feeding
· Coach and mentor team members to grow their capability
Join our team on Souters on the West Coast and play an important role on maintaining this fully developed farm.
Key responsibilities include:
· Working with the Farm Manager to provide leadership to help keep the farm running effectively and efficiently
· Assisting with planning work, pasture management, farm maintenance, and feeding out
· Utilising your strong understanding of dairy operation to support the Farm Manager and identify areas for improvements
· Coaching and developing the rest of the team to help them develop their skills on the farm
· Supporting the Farm Manager by focusing on one of the two systems and being responsible for running the Dairy system independently while helping the beef system from time to time
Souters Dairy Farm is part of our Weka Complex on the West Coast and is an orderly farm with established processes and procedures. Located 10 minutes from Lake Brunner and 30 minutes from Greymouth, this is a 483-ha property milking 720 cows through a 50-bail rotary with ACR’s and in-shed feeding system.
You will be a team leader, with a positive attitude and ability to manage situations as they arise.
Along with your positive attitude, you will have:
· 2+ years’ experience in Dairy operations
· Strong communication skills to motivate and coach team members
· An exceptional attitude towards Health and Safety, and Animal Welfare
· Sound knowledge and experience in grazing, pasture management and feed budgeting
· Restricted or full NZ driver’s license (essential)
Pāmu is a champion of work-life balance. Souters runs a 5/2 roster for most of the year and goes to 6/2 during calving and mating. You’ll be able to schedule time with family, friends, sporting interests, clubs – whatever suits you and your lifestyle.
This role comes with a nice, newly renovated three-bedroom home. The lifestyle on the West Coast offers tremendous outdoor activity opportunities and a close-knit community feel.
Additionally, Pāmu offers a competitive salary plus benefits such as medical insurance, death and disability insurance, etc.
How to Apply
Please note: To be considered for this role, you must be in New Zealand with unrestricted work rights.
For more information about this role contact Dan Mears Operations Manager on 021 150 9986.
Applications close on Sunday 12 February 2023.
We’ll be contacting qualified applicants throughout the advertising period so don’t wait to put your application through!
Pāmu provides a safe workplace and the successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test and undergo a criminal background check prior to being appointed.
To be eligible for this role, you must be available for an in-person interview and have unrestricted legal rights to work in New Zealand.
Our values are core to who we are at Pāmu and the way that we all work together. We are Grounded, Genuine, Bold, and Shoulder-to-Shoulder. To read more, click on this link to see them on our website. To see what it's like to work in our Dairy team, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Dairy Assistant at Pāmu, or to learn about what our Livestock team is all about, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Shepherd at Pāmu.
Pāmu is the brand name for Landcorp Farming Limited, and successful applicants will be employed by Landcorp Farming Limited.