Head Shepherd - Ahuriri Station
Napier - Hawkes Bay /
Livestock Operations – Ahuriri Station /
Permanent - On Farm
· Opportunity to grow and develop your farming career
· Great location, just outside of Napier
· Competitive salary, additional benefits and three-bedroom house
Bring your passion and motivation for farming to this shepherding role, great opportunity on a diverse livestock farm.
We are looking for a Head Shepherd to join our team on Ahuriri Station.
In this newly established role, you will support the Farm Manager by being proactive in:
· Taking on day-to-day responsibilities of stock work and animal health.
· Coaching team members to get the work done.
· Having input into the workplan as well as taking responsibility for the management and execution of it.
· Taking responsibility for recording farm data in FarmIQ and other reporting as necessary.
· Willing to learn pasture management and setting grazing rotations.
Ahuriri Station (1,187ha effective) is a 95% flat sheep and cattle trading and finishing property, with an expanding cropping programme and a component of breeding ewes. Given its location, the farm is a busy property with a lot of engagement with external stakeholders and the public. Good communication and people skills as well as a high level of pride in farm presentation are required.
You will be a passionate, experienced Shepherd with a can-do attitude, exceptional work ethic looking to further develop their skills or an experienced Head Shepherd. There is scope within the role to take on more responsibility as skills develop.
You will need to have:
· Minimum of 2 years’ shepherding experience
· Good stock sense and at least three to four genuine working dogs
· Take pride in farm presentation and enjoy working in a team environment
· Take initiative and a proactive approach to planning
· Be technically savvy or willing to learn and develop these skills
· Commitment and a first-class attitude to health & safety
· Excellent communication skills
· A full and current NZ driver’s licence
We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package, as well as ongoing training and personal development to help you reach your personal and career goals. The position comes with a recently renovated three-bedroom house.
Applications close on Sunday 11 June 2023.
For an informal chat about this exciting opportunity phone Lindsey Donoghue, Farm Manager on 021 536 457.
To be eligible for this role, you must be available for an in-person interview and have unrestricted legal rights to work in New Zealand.
Pāmu provides a safe workplace and the successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test and undergo a criminal background check prior to being appointed.
Our values are core to who we are at Pāmu and the way that we all work together. We are Grounded, Genuine, Bold, and Shoulder-to-Shoulder. To read more, click on this link to see them on our website. To see what it's like to work in our Dairy team, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Dairy Assistant at Pāmu, or to learn about what our Livestock team is all about, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Shepherd at Pāmu.
Pāmu is the brand name for Landcorp Farming Limited, and successful applicants will be employed by Landcorp Farming Limited.