Farm Manager - Waitere Farm - Tutira
Hawkes Bay - Napier - Tutira /
Livestock Operations – Waitere /
Permanent - On Farm
· 9,500 su sheep and beef station
· Located in the Waitara Valley, 80 km from Napier and 26 km from Tutira
· Competitive salary package, with ongoing training & career development
Great opportunity to step up into this Farm Manager opportunity and continue to grow your career.
Your focus will be on achieving the best possible operational performance for Waitere Farm through managing day-to-day operations and implementing short- and long-term business plans.
Key responsibilities include:
· Monitoring overall farm performance (physical and financial) and analysing performance data
· Demonstrating health, safety, and wellness leadership on farm, driving a culture of risk awareness
· Collaborating with the Regional Business Manager to build the long-term and annual business plans and budgets as well as risk management strategies
· Building and maintaining excellent networks with key regional rural partners, regulators, and professionals, and representing Pāmu’s brand and reputation in the community
Waitere is a 2,400ha total (900ha effective) high country sheep and beef breeding unit situated in the Waitara Valley, located 80 km from Napier and 26 km from Tutira. Waitere currently runs Romney breeding ewes, breeding cows, plus trade cattle.
We are looking for an ambitious farm manager who is keen to drive the productivity and profitability of Waitere, whilst embracing new technologies and ideas and coaching and developing direct reports.
You will also have:
· Strong understanding of farming and farming systems
· Great pasture management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to drive high levels of animal production
· Proven planning, organisation and record-keeping skills
· Excellent communication skills and an ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships
· A commitment to high standards of health and safety, animal welfare, and environmental management
We offer an attractive salary with additional benefits and ongoing training and personal development to help you reach your personal and career goals. The position comes with a comfortable modern home with 3 bedrooms.
Applications close on Sunday 19 March 2023.
For more details about the role, please contact Jon Douglas on 027 576 4875.
To be eligible for this role, you must be available for an in-person interview and have unrestricted legal rights to work in New Zealand.
Pāmu provides a safe workplace and the successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test and undergo a criminal background check prior to being appointed.
Our values are core to who we are at Pāmu and the way that we all work together. We are Grounded, Genuine, Bold, and Shoulder-to-Shoulder. To read more, click on this link to see them on our website. To see what it's like to work in our Dairy team, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Dairy Assistant at Pāmu, or to learn about what our Livestock team is all about, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Shepherd at Pāmu.
Pāmu is the brand name for Landcorp Farming Limited, and successful applicants will be employed by Landcorp Farming Limited.