Dairy Production Manager - Thompsons Dairy
West Coast - Greymouth /
Dairy Operations – Thompsons Dairy /
Permanent - On Farm
· Join our family friendly team milking approx. 700 cows in a 54-bail rotary shed
· Build on your dairy career with this great opportunity.
· Competitive salary, additional benefits and 3-bedroom house
If you are an honest individual with a passion for farming and have a high level of self-motivation, we want to hear from you!
You will share in the responsibilities of:
· Milking, fencing, stock work and calf rearing
· Coordinating the daily operations on farm
· Assisting the Farm Manager with pasture management
You’ll have the opportunity to grow your skillset under the guidance of the Farm Manager.
This farm runs a 6/2 roster from August to the New Year during peak season and goes to a 6/3 roster for the rest of the year.
Thompsons Dairy Unit is a quick 15-minute drive from Reefton and 45 minutes from Greymouth. This 300 ha farm milks two mobs of just under 700 cows at peak through a 54-bail rotary with ACRs and Milkhub.
We are looking for someone with a positive attitude, a willingness to learn with enthusiasm and commitment towards health and safety and the care of animals.
You will also have:
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience
· An exceptional attitude towards Health and safety, and Animal Welfare
· Sound knowledge of current NZ dairy farming practices
· A can-do attitude and good communication skills
· The ability to work unsupervised and show initiative
· Restricted or full NZ driver’s licence
· Be a NZ resident or citizen
We will train and develop your dairying skills to meet the requirements of either opportunity.
The West Coast’s beaches are right on our doorstep. With plenty of good fishing in the local rivers and hunting nearby, there’s no shortage of recreation to keep you busy.
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes salary plus additional benefits such as health insurance. You will also have accommodation on farm; a 3-bedroom home with an internal access garage.
Applications will close on Sunday 11 June 2023.
We will be contacting strong candidates as and when they apply, so apply now and don’t miss out!
For an informal chat about the role, contact Richard Exter, Farm Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or txt between 10am & 2pm and 5:30pm & 7pm.
To be eligible for this role, you must be available for an in-person interview and have unrestricted legal rights to work in New Zealand.
Pāmu provides a safe workplace and the successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test and undergo a criminal background check prior to being appointed.
Our values are core to who we are at Pāmu and the way that we all work together. We are Grounded, Genuine, Bold, and Shoulder-to-Shoulder. To read more, click on this link to see them on our website. To see what it's like to work in our Dairy team, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Dairy Assistant at Pāmu, or to learn about what our Livestock team is all about, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Shepherd at Pāmu.
Pāmu is the brand name for Landcorp Farming Limited, and successful applicants will be employed by Landcorp Farming Limited.