Deer Milk Assistant - Aratiatia
Waikato - Taupō
Dairy Operations – Aratiatia Deer Unit /
Fixed Term - On Farm
· Fixed-term opportunity from Dec 2023 – Apr 2024
· Your roster is 6/3 days so there’s a good work/life balance
· Potential opportunity for a couple to work together on the same roster
Join our deer milking team in this new and exciting role to support our seasonal operation with a competitive salary, located in Taupō.
We are looking for fixed-term support for our deer milking unit, which is on Pāmu’s Aratiatia Farm, in the Taupō region. You will be supporting the Deer Milk Specialist during the deer milking season and learning and growing your skills along the way.
You will be:
· Milking deer once a day in line with operational, people, health and safety, and animal welfare requirements
· Working in a positive and productive team environment
· Learning and growing in support of the deer milk operation
For this role, your roster is 6/3 so there’s a good work/life balance. Fixed-term opportunity from Dec 2023 – Apr 2024
We are looking for people who have the right attitude, you won’t need to have experience in deer milking or farming, but some farm experience is an advantage.
You will bring:
· Passion for working outdoors with animals
· Can-do attitude and drive to learn
· Strong communications skills and ability to work as part of a team
Could be an ideal role for travelling friends or couple looking to do something unique while in New Zealand.
We offer an attractive salary as well as ongoing training and personal development to help you reach your career goals.
If you’ve got an open mind and are willing to learn, we want to hear from you!
Applications close on Sunday 26 November 2023.
Got questions? Please contact Robbie Smith, Farm Manager on 027 337 9981.
To be eligible for this role, you must be available for an in-person interview and have unrestricted legal rights to work in New Zealand. We are unable to accept applicants on temporary work visas for permanent opportunities.
Pāmu provides a safe workplace and the successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test and undergo a criminal background check prior to being appointed.
Our values are core to who we are at Pāmu and the way that we all work together. We are Grounded, Genuine, Bold, and Shoulder-to-Shoulder. To read more, click on this link to see them on our website. To see what it's like to work in our Dairy team, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Dairy Assistant at Pāmu, or to learn about what our Livestock team is all about, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Shepherd at Pāmu.
Pāmu is the brand name for Landcorp Farming Limited, and successful applicants will be employed by Landcorp Farming Limited.