General Manager - Lower South Island
Otago - Central Otago / Southland - Te Anau
Permanent - Off Farm
· Create cohesion between a network of 23 dairy and livestock farms
· Enable more efficient and profitable farms through effective optimisation
· Competitive salary, health insurance, based in Otago or Southland
Newly created opportunity at Pāmu, drive real change across our integrated dairy and livestock operations team.
You will be overseeing a network of 23 farms within the Lower South Island, creating a greater cohesion between Dairy and Livestock farms. You will ensure that Pāmu's farming network is connected, driving performance data across systems, enabling farms to be more profitable, efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly, and position Pāmu to take a lead in emission reductions.
Key responsibilities include:
· Providing proactive direction and leadership across internal and external stakeholders building reputation.
· Enabling farms to be more efficient and profitable ensuring benefit streams are optimised across all farms.
· Effectively executing Pāmu’s strategy ensuring the evolution of farming systems.
· Using technology and data to drive performance, both in terms of financial performance, optimisation of resource, identifying areas for further investment, or rationalisation.
You will be a proven leader with the ability to create buy-in for the future and lead change to bring people along for the journey through motivation and coaching.
You will also have:
· 10+ years’ experience in senior roles in the agriculture sector, preferably in both the dairy and livestock sector and the private sector.
· Understanding of a sustainable farming business and strong commercial acumen.
· Experience integrating technology as an enabler across systems and processes.
· A track record of success in production and continuous improvement of results and returns.
· Experience of tikanga Māori and working with iwi or other Māori organisations.
This role is a Senior Leadership role within our Operations team reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and will support the other GMs to achieve before regional and national success. Pāmu is the brand name for Landcorp Farming Limited. Pāmu stands for best practice in sustainable and safe farming, and for the unique provenance of New Zealand foods, nutrition products and fibre on global markets. We chose the Māori word ‘Pāmu’ for its literal meaning ‘to farm’ and also to reflect the Māori concept of guardianship of the environment.
Along with a competitive salary, you will also receive Southern Cross Health Insurance, Life Insurance, and an extra day off at Christmas Time. You will need to live within the region.
Applications close Sunday 26 November 2023.
If you have any questions or if you would like to have a confidential discussion, email Ashley Betts, Talent Acquisition Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pāmu provides a safe workplace and the successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test and undergo a criminal background check prior to being appointed.
Our values are core to who we are at Pāmu and the way that we all work together. We are Grounded, Genuine, Bold, and Shoulder-to-Shoulder. To read more, click on this link to see them on our website. To see what it's like to work in our Dairy team, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Dairy Assistant at Pāmu, or to learn about what our Livestock team is all about, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Shepherd at Pāmu.
Pāmu is the brand name for Landcorp Farming Limited, and successful applicants will be employed by Landcorp Farming Limited.