Farm Manager - Parikanapa Station
Livestock Operations – Livestock
Permanent - On Farm
We have a unique leadership opportunity for a high performing Farm Manager to join our team at Parikanapa Station. Parikanapa Station is a 2,615 ha effective hill country station located in the Waerenga-o-kuri district, 40 minutes from Gisborne. This 25,000 su breeding/finishing property runs 11,000 lambing ewes and 750 calving cows. In addition to this, home bred and bought in steers are finished.
You will be responsible for providing exceptional leadership to deliver strong results both in terms of production and profitability in line with Landcorp’s strategic aims and objectives. You will also enjoy developing staff, with a team of 6 on farm. On going development and the opportunity to influence at a strategic level make this an exciting opportunity for a motivated and proven leader.
What you will bring:
· Exceptional people management skills and an ability to develop a high performance team with a strong culture.
· Passion and enthusiasm for livestock farming with good commercial acumen in relation to running a successful livestock farm;
· Proven ability around feed budgeting and stock performance.
· Proven leadership and stakeholder management skills;
· Ability to not only use, but also maximise the benefits of, farm management technology and systems.
· First class attitude to Health and Safety, Animal Welfare and Environmental Management;
· Excellent problem solving ability and creativity;
· Current and full NZ drivers licence.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package, as well as ongoing training and personal development to help you reach your personal and career goals.
The position comes with a modern 4 bedroom home. A wide range of outdoor recreational activities right at the doorstep. Primary schooling is at Waerenga-o-kuri with the school bus to the gate. Secondary schooling is in Gisborne.
To learn more about this opportunity call Victoria Magazinovic – Regional Business Manager on 027 579 5870.
Landcorp is committed to providing a safe workplace and the successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test and a criminal background check.
Applications close 5 pm, Wednesday 11th December.
Pāmu is recognised within New Zealand and internationally as standing for best practice and sustainability. We have a strong culture of safety and respect for the land, our people, and the animals under our care. We’re a State-Owned-Enterprise with a nationwide portfolio of farms that produce milk, beef, lamb, wool, venison, deer velvet, wood and more. Pāmu strives to be a leader in New Zealand agriculture, carefully creating natural products of high quality.
Pāmu provides a safe workplace and the successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test and undergo a criminal background check prior to being appointed.
To be eligible for this role, you must be available for an in-person interview and have unrestricted legal rights to work in New Zealand.