Farm Manager - Wharekopae Station
Livestock Operations – Wharekopae Farm /
Permanent - On Farm /
· Bring your farm management experience to this 22,000 su farm
· Lead a diverse team with a sense of humour and strong work ethic
· 50 mins from Gisborne, includes on-farm accommodation & attractive salary
Exciting opportunity to progress your career and develop your leadership skills on this breeding and finishing property.
Leading a team of 4, your focus will be on achieving the best possible operational performance for Wharekopae Station through managing day-to-day operations and implementing short- and long-term business plans.
Key responsibilities include:
· Implementing structured stock rotations and managing overall farm performance (physical and financial).
· Demonstrating health, safety, and wellness leadership on farm, driving a culture of risk awareness.
· Collaborating and communicating with the Operations Manager on planning and budgets.
· Building and maintaining excellent rural networks and representing Pāmu’s brand and reputation in the community.
Wharekopae Station has 22000 su across 2120 ha effective. Wharekopae focuses predominantly on breeding and finishing stock (both cattle & sheep) including stock from other Pāmu properties nearby. Wharekopae operates across two separate (approx) 1000 ha properties offering a unique opportunity to demonstrate farming excellence.
We are looking for an ambitious, experienced farm manager who is keen to drive the productivity and profitability of Wharekopae, whilst embracing new technologies and ideas and coaching and developing direct reports.
You will also have:
· Passion and enthusiasm for livestock farming with good commercial acumen in relation to running a successful livestock farm.
· Great pasture management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to drive high levels of animal production.
· Sound planning, organisation and record-keeping skills.
· Excellent communication skills and an ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships.
· A commitment to high standards of health and safety, animal welfare, and environmental management.
We offer a comprehensive and attractive remuneration package, and we are committed to providing ongoing training and personal development opportunities to help you reach your personal career goals and ambitions.
This role comes with a 5-bedroom home, located in the Rere/Tauhunga district 1 hour from Gisborne. Local primary schooling is in Rere with secondary schooling situated in Gisborne.
Applications close on Sunday 3 March 2024.
We’ll be contacting qualified applicants throughout the advertising period so if this sounds like you, apply now!
For more details about the role, please contact Bart Cheetham on 027 404 1518.
To be eligible for this role, you must be available for an in-person interview and have unrestricted legal rights to work in New Zealand. We are unable to accept applicants on temporary work visas for permanent opportunities.
Pāmu provides a safe workplace and the successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test and undergo a criminal background check prior to being appointed.
Our values are core to who we are at Pāmu and the way that we all work together. We are Grounded, Genuine, Bold, and Shoulder-to-Shoulder. To read more, click on this link to see them on our website. To see what it's like to work in our Dairy team, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Dairy Assistant at Pāmu, or to learn about what our Livestock team is all about, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Shepherd at Pāmu.
Pāmu is the brand name for Landcorp Farming Limited, and successful applicants will be employed by Landcorp Farming Limited.