Senior Payroll Advisor
Corporate Services – Payroll /
Permanent - Off Farm
· Provide day to day technical guidance to our farms across the country
· Support the Remuneration and Benefits team and manager
· Hybrid working, health insurance and additional benefits
Play an integral part in ensuring the accurate and timely processing of Pāmu’s fortnightly payroll for all staff.
You will be primarily responsible for assisting the Remuneration and Benefits Manager to ensure the accurate and timely processing of Pāmu’s fortnightly payroll for all staff.
Key responsibilities include:
· Timely and accurate processing of a fortnightly standard pay run through PayGlobal for approximately 620 salaried farm and corporate staff and up to 300 casual employees.
· Liaising with Farm Managers and Business Managers on payroll issues.
· Provide day to day technical advice to other payroll staff, and act for the Remuneration and Benefits Manager when required.
· Ensuring accurate information is provided to outside agencies including checking preparation of PAYE payments.
· Keeping up to date with administrative, auditing and reporting responsibilities.
We are looking for someone who can bring solid payroll processing experience to this opportunity and take on senior role within the team to support the Remuneration and Benefits Manager.
You will also have:
· 2+ years’ experience in payroll processing.
· Strong knowledge of payroll legislation including Wages Protection Act, Holidays Act and Privacy Act.
· Working knowledge of payroll best practice, and understanding of finance, HRIS systems, reporting.
· Accurate and efficient data processing and spreadsheeting skills.
· Team player and able to interact and collaborate effectively with all levels of the organisation.
If you have PayGlobal experience, this would be an advantage.
Pāmu is the brand name for Landcorp Farming Limited. Pāmu stands for best practice in sustainable and safe farming, and for the unique provenance of New Zealand foods, nutrition products and fibre on global markets. We chose the Māori word ‘Pāmu’ for its literal meaning ‘to farm’ and also to reflect the Māori concept of guardianship of the environment.
Along with competitive salary, you will also receive Southern Cross Health Insurance, Life Insurance, and an extra day off at Christmas time. You can work flexibly between your home and our office on Allen Street, Wellington.
Applications for the role close on Wednesday 29 November 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact Tanya Voller on 021 280 5157.
To be eligible for this role, you must have unrestricted legal rights to work in New Zealand.
Pāmu provides a safe workplace and the successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test and undergo a criminal background check prior to being appointed.
Our values are core to who we are at Pāmu and the way that we all work together. We are Grounded, Genuine, Bold, and Shoulder-to-Shoulder. To read more, click on this link to see them on our website. To see what it's like to work in our Dairy team, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Dairy Assistant at Pāmu, or to learn about what our Livestock team is all about, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Shepherd at Pāmu.
Pāmu is the brand name for Landcorp Farming Limited, and successful applicants will be employed by Landcorp Farming Limited.