San Francisco, California
Welcome to the Panda Squad!
We are a San Francisco based team that wants to shape the future of visual storytelling and communication using the power of voice. That's why we're making a new state of the art mobile tool that turns the stories you tell into short animated movies. Sound cool? Good! Because we need your help.
Panda listens to the words you say and creates an interactive 3D overlay that can be used in video calls and recordings like none you've seen before. We're sick and tired of the daily popularity contest that plays out on social media and want to give the world a new way to share the stories that matter most.
Panda helps users tell and share stories that can’t be told on other platforms. Stories that are real, relatable, and valuable. How do you tell someone about your breakup or what you were daydreaming about at work with a traditional social media post? Panda wants to makes this possible in a fun and wholly original way.
Our tight-knit and growing team of seven comes from a range of diverse backgrounds and cities including New York, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. Together, we’ve spent over a year making Panda a reality and now we need you for what we believe is the next revolution in communication.
As a 3D Artist at Panda, you'll design a variety of characters, objects, and scenes that bring our users’ stories to life. Your work will be essential to making Panda the only place where people can tell stories that require more context than a simple photo or video. In this role, you have a distinct opportunity to help formulate the company’s stylistic direction and be an early member of our creative department.
Within six months, you'll have nearly full autonomy to create 3D worlds and stories that our users will fall in love with over and over again. If you are passionate about bringing people joy with your work, then you are going to do great here. Our goal is to create a platform powerful enough to visualize even the most intricate and specific stories and you will help make that dream a reality.
WHAT YOU'LL DO EACH DAY
- Sketch, model, render, and animate 3D scenes, objects and characters from start to finish.
- Dream up interesting characters, environments, and stories in close collaboration with other artists.
- Design gestures, movements, and expressions for a growing cast of 3D characters.
- Prepare 3D assets for implementation with our iOS application.
WHO YOU ARE
- You’re a 3D generalist with experience in modeling, rigging, and rendering.
- You’re comfortable with Maya, ZBrush, or 3DS Max.
- You have a comprehensive understanding of general design principles.
- You take an efficient approach to technical and design problems.
- You’re proficient and have possibly made memes with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- You've worked with or are excited to learn software like Mudbox and Xcode.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- Full health, vision, and dental benefits. Wake up with a cold or need a new filling? You’re covered.
- Unlimited vacation and a mandatory time-off requirement. We believe building creative products requires good rest.
- Flexible hours. Whether you’re married with kids or just have a needy puppy at home - we respect your time and obligations outside of work.
- The best hardware, software and services you need to get your job done.
- Competitive salary and equity options.
- Work in the sunny streets of San Francisco’s beautiful Cow Hollow neighborhood.
Panda is an equal opportunity employer. We value diverse and curious individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Are you excited about big ideas and small companies? Do you love creating your own stories and having your opinions heard? We want to hear from you!