San Francisco, California
Welcome to the Panda Squad!
We are a San Francisco based company working to shape the future of visual storytelling and communication using the power of voice. That's why we're making a new state of the art mobile app that turns the stories you tell into short animated movies. Panda puts the power of a full animation studio in your pocket and makes incredible storytelling tools accessible to everyone.
Our tight-knit and growing team comes from a range of diverse backgrounds and industries. In former lives, we built self-driving cars, designed buildings, and covered breaking news events. Together, we’ve spent over a year making Panda a reality and now we need YOU for the next revolution in how people tell stories.
As a 3D Artist at Panda, you'll design a variety of characters, objects, and scenes that bring our users’ stories to life. Your work will be essential to making Panda the only place where people can tell stories that require more context than a simple photo or video. In this role, you have a distinct opportunity to help formulate the company’s stylistic direction and be an early member of our creative department.
Positivity is a Priority - We take an optimistic approach to building new products and keep it light hearted even when the job gets tough.
Advocate for One Another - We care deeply about the people we work with. We build each other up and strive for shared success.
Nurture New Ideas - We think every voice in the company should be heard. Great ideas come from everywhere and unique perspectives are something we celebrate.
Design for Delight - We create experiences that make people smile. We go the extra mile and sweat the details to make our users feel something when they open Panda.
Autonomy for All - We give people the trust and respect to execute their big ideas. We firmly believe in individuals and know that strict oversight and bureaucracy don’t lead to magic moments.
- Sketch, model, render, and animate 3D scenes, objects and characters from start to finish.
- Dream up interesting characters, environments, and stories in close collaboration with other artists.
- Design gestures, movements, and expressions for a growing cast of 3D characters.
- Prepare 3D assets for implementation with our iOS application.
SOUND LIKE YOU?
- The Generalist - You’re a 3D generalist with experience in modeling, rigging, and rendering.
- Maya Moves - You’re comfortable with Maya, ZBrush, or 3DS Max.
- Design Skill - You have a comprehensive understanding of general design principles.
- Efficiency First - You take an efficient approach to technical and design problems.
- Adobe Aptitude - You’re proficient and have possibly made memes with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Always Learning - You've worked with or are excited to learn software like Mudbox and Xcode.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- A smart and fun team that cares deeply about your ideas, experiences, and unique perspective.
- Be part of something early and get a distinct opportunity to leave your mark on the company.
- Work with autonomy and know that we trust you and the decisions you make.
- Full health, vision, and dental benefits. Wake up with a cold or need a new filling? You’re covered.
- Unlimited vacation and a mandatory time-off requirement. We believe building creative products requires good rest.
- Flexible where it matters. Whether you’re married with kids or just have a needy puppy at home - we respect your time and obligations outside of work.
- A beautiful office in the sunny streets of San Francisco’s Cow Hollow neighborhood.
🌈 Panda is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences. We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Panda are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.