Creative Lead (3D)
San Francisco, California
Welcome to Panda
We're turning your stories into animated movies. Panda makes the magic and endless possibilities of animation accessible to everyone through the power of voice.
Unlocking visuals for people has always had a major impact on culture. The iPhone revolutionized how we communicate with photos and videos, and we firmly believe the next frontier brings animation to everyone. That's why we're building a new kind of product that instantly turns your words, thoughts and memories into 3D animated videos.
Our tight-knit and growing team comes from a range of diverse backgrounds and industries. In former lives, we built self-driving cars, designed new television experiences, covered breaking news and beyond. Together, we’ve spent two years privately building Panda for a small group of users.
This technology is real and nearly ready for its world debut, but first we need YOU.
As the Creative Lead at Panda, you'll lead our small team of 3D artists and help guide the company's creative vision as we design a variety of characters, objects, and environments that bring our users’ stories to life. Your work will be essential to making Panda the only place where people can create incredible animated movies with their voice. In this role, you have a distinct opportunity to help formulate the company’s visual direction and the future of our growing creative department.
- Lead and manage our creative team
- Guide the creative process through all phases of project development
- Determine the stylistic direction of all 3D assets
- Sketch, model, render, and animate 3D scenes, objects and characters from start to finish
- Dream up fascinating characters, environments, and stories in collaboration with other artists
- Design gestures, movements, and expressions for a growing cast of 3D characters
- Prepare 3D assets for implementation with our iOS application
SOUND LIKE YOU?
- 3D Maestro - You’re an experienced 3D artist comfortable with texturing, animating, and exporting models for real-time render
- Known Leader - You've lead teams before and can advocate for and motivate the people around you
- Maya Moves - You’re comfortable using Maya, ZBrush, or 3DS Max for sculpting, modeling, and animations
- Comms Expert - You can clearly communicate work processes and goals to a variety of stakeholders across the company
- Engineer Ready - You've worked with engineering teams before and understands their strengths and needs
- Code Considerate - You have an understanding of basic engineering concepts and can help engineers implement your work
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- A smart and diverse team that cares deeply about your ideas, experiences, and unique perspective
- Be part of something early and get a distinct opportunity to leave your mark on the company
- Work with autonomy and know that we trust you and the decisions you make
- Full health, vision, and dental benefits. Wake up with a cold or need a new filling? You’re covered
- Unlimited vacation We believe building creative products requires good rest
- Flexible where it matters. Whether you’re married with kids or just have a needy puppy at home - we respect your time and obligations outside of work
- A beautiful office in the sunny streets of San Francisco’s Cow Hollow neighborhood
Positivity is a Priority - We take an optimistic approach to building new products and keep it light hearted even when the job gets tough.
Advocate for One Another - We care deeply about the people we work with. We build each other up and strive for shared success.
Nurture New Ideas - We think every voice in the company should be heard. Great ideas come from everywhere and unique perspectives are something we celebrate.
Design for Delight - We create experiences that make people smile. We go the extra mile and sweat the details to make our users feel something when they open Panda.
Autonomy for All - We give people the trust and respect to execute their big ideas. We firmly believe in individuals and know that strict oversight and bureaucracy don’t lead to magic moments.
🌈 Panda is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences. We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Panda are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.