San Francisco, California
Welcome to the Panda Squad!
We are a San Francisco based company working to shape the future of visual storytelling and communication using the power of voice. That's why we're making a new state of the art mobile app that turns the stories you tell into short animated movies. Panda puts the power of a full animation studio in your pocket and makes incredible storytelling tools accessible to everyone.
Our tight-knit and growing team comes from a range of diverse backgrounds and industries. In former lives, we built self-driving cars, designed buildings, and covered breaking news events. Together, we’ve spent over a year making Panda a reality and now we need YOU for the next revolution in how people tell stories.
As an iOS Engineer at Panda, you’ll solve complex problems around voice and 3D that empower our users to share meaningful stories and create incredible animated movies. You’ll handle nearly every piece of the app as you take on a multitude of challenges in order to make Panda both delightful and performative.
Positivity is a Priority - We take an optimistic approach to building new products and keep it light hearted even when the job gets tough.
Advocate for One Another - We care deeply about the people we work with. We build each other up and strive for shared success.
Nurture New Ideas - We think every voice in the company should be heard. Great ideas come from everywhere and unique perspectives are something we celebrate.
Design for Delight - We create experiences that make people smile. We go the extra mile and sweat the details to make our users feel something when they open Panda.
Autonomy for All - We give people the trust and respect to execute their big ideas. We firmly believe in individuals and know that strict oversight and bureaucracy don’t lead to magic moments.
- Design, build, and iterate on applications for the iOS platform.
- Collaborate with a product manager, engineers and 3D Artists to create and ship new features.
- Work on performance, stability, and threading for Panda applications.
- Smash bugs and identify bottlenecks in our processes and code.
SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Swift Learner - You have a strong foundation in Swift.
- 3D Ready - You’re passionate about 3D and have experience developing mobile games.
- Performance Perfectionist - You take an efficient approach to design and performance issues and know how to articulate your ideas to an entire team.
- iOS Knowledge- You have worked with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Realm, and Core Animation.
- Apple Aware - You have a comprehensive understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines.
- Network Know-how - You are familiar making network requests with URLSession.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- A smart and fun team that cares deeply about your ideas, experiences, and unique perspective.
- Be part of something early and get a distinct opportunity to leave your mark on the company.
- Work with autonomy and know that we trust you and the decisions you make.
- Full health, vision, and dental benefits. Wake up with a cold or need a new filling? You’re covered.
- Unlimited vacation and a mandatory time-off requirement. We believe building creative products requires good rest.
- Flexible where it matters. Whether you’re married with kids or just have a needy puppy at home - we respect your time and obligations outside of work.
- A beautiful office in the sunny streets of San Francisco’s Cow Hollow neighborhood.
🌈 Panda is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences. We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Panda are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.