Chief of Staff
San Francisco, California
Welcome to the Panda Squad!
We are a San Francisco based team that wants to shape the future of visual storytelling and communication using the power of voice. That's why we're making a new state of the art mobile tool that turns the stories you tell into short animated movies. Sound cool? Good! Because we need your help.
Panda listens to the words you say and creates an interactive 3D overlay that can be used in video calls and recordings like none you've seen before. We're sick and tired of the daily popularity contest that plays out on social media and want to give the world a new way to share the stories that matter most.
Panda helps users tell and share stories that can’t be told on other platforms. Stories that are real, relatable, and valuable. How do you tell someone about your breakup or what you were daydreaming about at work with a traditional social media post? Panda wants to makes this possible in a fun and wholly original way.
Our tight-knit and growing team of seven comes from a range of diverse backgrounds and cities including New York, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. Together, we’ve spent over a year making Panda a reality and now we need you for what we believe is the next revolution in communication.
As the Chief of Staff at Panda, you'll work in close collaboration with our CEO to prioritize and plan strategies to achieve company goals, communicate essential information to investors and stakeholders, and generally steer the company ship. This is a distinct opportunity for someone early in their career to learn the ins and outs of the operational wing of a startup.
Within six months, you'll have nearly full autonomy to make key operational decisions that will help shape the future of Panda. Working alongside the CEO, your work will be monumental to keeping the company on track as it grows and evolves at a blazing pace.
WHAT YOU'LL DO EACH DAY
- Work with our CEO to tackle pressing operational issues.
- Establish new processes and programs in accordance with company values and goals.
- Coordinate and plan Panda events, board meetings, and off-sites.
- Draft and publish updates for team members, stakeholders, and other relevant parties.
- Assist with recruiting, hiring and onboarding new team members.
- Manage office operational needs including procurement.
WHO YOU ARE
- You're a strong writer who can expertly draft everything from an annual memo to a tweet.
- You know how to prioritize and understand what matters most at any given moment.
- You're early in your startup career and want to learn every angle of the business.
- You're comfortable corresponding with executives, investors, vendors, and beyond.
- You're a quick learner who can research and figure things out in a pinch.
- You embrace ambiguity and have a passion for solving problems.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- We fully cover health, vision, and dental benefits. Wake up with a cold or need a new filling? You’re covered.
- Unlimited vacation and a mandatory time-off requirement. We believe building creative products requires good rest.
- Flexible hours. Whether you’re married with kids or just have a needy puppy at home - we respect your time and obligations outside of work.
- The best hardware, software and services you need to get your job done.
- Competitive salary and equity options.
- Work in the sunny streets of San Francisco’s beautiful Cow Hollow neighborhood.
Panda is an equal opportunity employer. We value diverse and curious individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Are you excited about big ideas and small companies? Do you love creating your own stories and having your opinions heard? We want to hear from you!