San Francisco, California
Welcome to the Panda Squad!
We are a San Francisco based company working to shape the future of visual storytelling and communication using the power of voice. That's why we're helping you turn the stories you tell into short animated movies staring you! Panda puts the power of a full animation studio in your pocket and makes incredible storytelling accessible to everyone.
Our tight-knit and growing team comes from a range of diverse backgrounds and industries. In former lives, we built self-driving cars, designed buildings, and covered breaking news events. Together, we’ve spent over a year making Panda a reality and now we need YOU for the next revolution in how people tell stories.
As a Product Manager at Panda, you will work closely with our CEO to implement our roadmap that empowers our users to tell meaningful stories in a way that has never been done before. Working on our product team, your ideas will be integral to helping us figure out how to turn the human voice into an incredible new visual communication tool.
Positivity is a Priority - We take an optimistic approach to building new products and keep it light hearted even when the job gets tough.
Advocate for One Another - We care deeply about the people we work with. We build each other up and strive for shared success.
Nurture New Ideas - We think every voice in the company should be heard. Great ideas come from everywhere and unique perspectives are something we celebrate.
Design for Delight - We create experiences that make people smile. We go the extra mile and sweat the details to make our users feel something when they open Panda.
Autonomy for All - We give people the trust and respect to execute their big ideas. We firmly believe in individuals and know that strict oversight and bureaucracy don’t lead to magic moments.
- Work with our CEO, creative and engineering teams to plan, implement, and launch features out users will fall in love with.
- Help define the roadmap for the entire Panda iOS product.
- Clearly communicate priorities and product decisions to the entire company.
- Own new product features from ideation to development, launch, growth, and beyond.
SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Product Knowledge - You've worked as a PM in a fast paced early-stage startup or other product environment.
- Leadership Ability - You've lead cross-functional teams and are comfortable working with a range of stakeholders to build a shared vision.
- Technical Understanding - You're technically inclined and understand the high-level challenges faced by our engineering team.
- Visual Taste - You have artistic sensibilities and care deeply about the interaction design in products you use and create.
- Writing Skill - You can write and communicate your ideas clearly and concisely to a range of audiences.
- Empathy - You operate with empathy and think critically about how your decisions will affect the team and our users alike.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- A smart and fun team that cares deeply about your ideas, experiences, and unique perspective.
- Be part of something early and get a distinct opportunity to leave your mark on the company.
- Work with autonomy and know that we trust you and the decisions you make.
- Full health, vision, and dental benefits. Wake up with a cold or need a new filling? You’re covered.
- Unlimited vacation and a mandatory time-off requirement. We believe building creative products requires good rest.
- Flexible where it matters. Whether you’re married with kids or just have a needy puppy at home - we respect your time and obligations outside of work.
- A beautiful office in the sunny streets of San Francisco’s Cow Hollow neighborhood.
🌈 Panda is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences. We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Panda are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.