3D Artist Summer Intern
San Francisco, California
Welcome to the Panda Squad!
We are a San Francisco based team that wants to shape the future of visual storytelling and communication using the power of voice. That's why we're making a new state of the art mobile tool that turns the stories you tell into short animated movies. Sound cool? Good! Because we need your help.
Panda listens to the words you say and creates an interactive 3D overlay that can be used in video calls and recordings like none you've seen before. We're sick and tired of the daily popularity contest that plays out on social media and want to give the world a new way to share the stories that matter most.
Panda helps users tell and share stories that can’t be told on other platforms. Stories that are real, relatable, and valuable. How do you tell someone about your breakup or what you were daydreaming about at work with a traditional social media post? Panda wants to makes this possible in a fun and wholly original way.
Our tight-knit and growing team of seven comes from a range of diverse backgrounds and cities including New York, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. Together, we’ve spent over a year making Panda a reality and now we need you for what we believe is the next revolution in communication.
As a summer 2019 3D Artist Intern at Panda, you'll work with our 3D team to design a variety of characters, objects, and scenes that bring our users’ stories to life. Your work will help make Panda the only place where people can tell stories that require more context than a simple photo or video. Did we mention this is a paid internship?
The internship is an opportunity to earn valuable work experience and grow creatively as you collaborate with our engineers, designers, community manager, CTO, and CEO to turn the human voice into an incredible visual communication tool.
WHAT YOU'LL DO EACH DAY
- Sketch, model, render, and animate 3D scenes, objects and characters from start to finish.
- Dream up interesting characters, environments, and stories in close collaboration with other artists.
- Design gestures, movements, and expressions for a growing cast of 3D characters.
- Prepare 3D assets for implementation with our iOS application.
- Get a firsthand look at life inside of a San Francisco startup.
WHO YOU ARE
- You’re a 3D generalist with experience in modeling, rigging, and rendering.
- You’re comfortable with Maya or ZBrush.
- You have an understanding of general design principles.
- You're a quick learner who is excited about visual storytelling and emerging technologies.
- You love to laugh and have a great sense of humor.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE INTERNING HERE
- Surround yourself with an incredible team that is passionate about creating delightful products.
- Get the best hardware, software and services you need to get the job done.
- Spend your summer in one of the most amazing cities in North America.
- Work and play in the beautiful streets of San Francisco's Cow Hollow neighborhood.
- Make friends and unforgettable memories while contributing to something bigger than yourself.
🌈 Panda is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences. We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Panda are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect
This internship is for summer 2019.