San Francisco, California
Welcome to the Panda Squad!
We are a San Francisco based team that wants to shape the future of visual storytelling and communication using the power of voice. That's why we're making a new state of the art mobile tool that turns the stories you tell into short animated movies. Sound cool? Good! Because we need your help.
Panda listens to the words you say and creates an interactive 3D overlay that can be used in video calls and recordings like none you've seen before. We're sick and tired of the daily popularity contest that plays out on social media and want to make something different.
Panda helps users tell and share stories that can’t be told on other platforms. Stories that are real, relatable, and valuable. How do you tell someone about your breakup or what you were daydreaming about at work with a traditional social media post? Panda wants to makes this possible in a fun and wholly original way.
Our tight-knit and growing team of seven comes from a range of diverse backgrounds and cities including New York, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. Together, we’ve spent over a year making Panda a reality and now we need you for what we believe is the next revolution in communication.
As a Product Designer at Panda, you will work closely with our CEO to design new user interfaces and interaction patterns that empower our users to tell meaningful stories in a way that has never been done before. Working on our product team, your ideas will be integral to helping us figure out how to turn the human voice into an incredible new visual communication tool.
Within six months, you’ll have nearly full autonomy to create a product that our users love to use in the way you see fit. You’ll be the biggest advocate for our users and are encouraged to defend your design views even when others disagree. We love a healthy and respectful debate when it gets things done.
WHAT YOU'LL DO EACH DAY
- Define the user experience and product interactions for everything Panda does from ideation to launch.
- Collaborate with our CEO (a former product designer!) to create a simple and intuitive UI for Panda.
- Validate your big ideas through sketching and prototyping.
- Work alongside a design-minded engineering team to implement your work in our iOS app.
- Design occasional websites and sweet marketing materials for new Panda products and features.
- Create products that bring delight to the people who use Panda. The type of stuff that keeps them coming back for more!
WHO YOU ARE
- You’re a seasoned designer with experience creating mobile consumer products that make people smile.
- You’re comfortable making beautiful things with Sketch or Figma and Abstract.
- You know what a healthy balance between autonomy and collaboration looks like on a cross functional team. We put a big emphasis on taking good ideas and running with them.
- You’re proficient and have possibly made memes with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- You care deeply about our users' needs and design products with empathy.
- You take an efficient approach to design problems know how to articulate your ideas to an entire team.
Panda is an equal opportunity employer. We value diverse and curious individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Are you excited about big ideas and small companies? Do you love creating powerful products that bring people joy? We want to hear from you!