San Francisco, California
Welcome to the Panda Squad!
We are a San Francisco based company working to shape the future of visual storytelling and communication using the power of voice. That's why we're helping you turn the stories you tell into short animated movies staring you! Panda puts the power of a full animation studio in your pocket and makes incredible storytelling accessible to everyone.
Our tight-knit and growing team comes from a range of diverse backgrounds and industries. In former lives, we built self-driving cars, designed buildings, and covered breaking news events. Together, we’ve spent over a year making Panda a reality and now we need YOU for the next revolution in how people tell stories.
As a Product Designer at Panda, you will work closely with our CEO to design new interfaces and interaction patterns that empower our users to tell meaningful stories in a way that has never been done before. Working on our product team, your ideas will be integral to helping us figure out how to turn the human voice into an incredible new visual communication tool.
Positivity is a Priority - We take an optimistic approach to building new products and keep it light hearted even when the job gets tough.
Advocate for One Another - We care deeply about the people we work with. We build each other up and strive for shared success.
Nurture New Ideas - We think every voice in the company should be heard. Great ideas come from everywhere and unique perspectives are something we celebrate.
Design for Delight - We create experiences that make people smile. We go the extra mile and sweat the details to make our users feel something when they open Panda.
Autonomy for All - We give people the trust and respect to execute their big ideas. We firmly believe in individuals and know that strict oversight and bureaucracy don’t lead to magic moments.
- Collaborate with our CEO (a fellow product designer!) to create all things product & design for Panda.
- Define the user experience and product interactions for everything Panda does from ideation to launch.
- Validate your big ideas through prototyping and getting feedback.
- Work alongside a design-minded engineering team to implement your work in our iOS app.
- Design occasional websites and sweet marketing materials for new Panda products and features.
- Sweat the details no one sees. The type of stuff that keeps them smile and coming back for more!
SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Design Knowledge - You’re a seasoned designer with experience creating mobile consumer products that make people smile. This isn’t your first rodeo.
- Sketch Superstar - You’re comfortable making beautiful and functional things with Sketch or Figma. Even mcguyvering your way through when they crash
- Artistic Sensibility: You have great taste for visual and interaction design. You enjoy artistic pursuits, and have avenues for creative expression..
- Empathy - You care deeply about our users' needs and design products with empathy.
- Appreciation for Quality: You get very enthusiastic about certain products, and can articulate why they’re incredible. You are excited to build a consumer brand.
- Communication Centered - You know how to articulate your ideas to an entire team and consider how to communicate your ideas not just implementing them.
- Domain Knowledge: You have strong opinions — well informed but loosely held — on consumer mobile products, animated film, and/or creativity.
- Location: SF
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- A smart and fun team that cares deeply about your ideas, experiences, and unique perspective.
- Be part of something early and get a distinct opportunity to leave your mark on the company.
- Work with autonomy and know that we trust you and the decisions you make.
- Full health, vision, and dental benefits. Wake up with a cold or need a new filling? You’re covered.
- Unlimited vacation and a mandatory time-off requirement. We believe building creative products requires good rest.
- Flexible where it matters. Whether you’re married with kids or just have a needy puppy at home - we respect your time and obligations outside of work.
- A beautiful office in the sunny streets of San Francisco’s Cow Hollow neighborhood.
🌈 Panda is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences. We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Panda are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.