Investment Team - Venture /
Pantera Capital (www.panteracapital.com) is one of the oldest and largest institutional investors in blockchain and cryptocurrencies. Pantera Capital is hiring an analyst or associate to focus on early-stage investment opportunities in venture capital and ICOs. As a junior member on the investment team, you will learn about both the venture capital and hedge fund industries, meet inspiring entrepreneurs and get exposure to cutting-edge technologies and products. We are looking for someone who is able to start immediately.
The primary responsibilities of the associate can be broken down into four areas:
- Sourcing - proactively identifying new investment opportunities and qualifying inbound leads for the firm by meeting with entrepreneurs.
- Deal Diligence - helping the team evaluate new investment opportunities through market research, product reviews, competitive analysis, metrics analysis, customer/user reviews and technical diligence.
- Portfolio Work - collaborating with the team to support the Pantera Capital portfolio.
- Ecosystem building - being an active contributor to the blockchain/cryptocurrencies community by organizing activities, participating in local events and looking for ways to help make the Pantera team stronger.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Passion for blockchain/cryptocurrencies
- 2–4 years of relevant work experience in venture capital, investment banking, or a startup/technology business
- Native understanding of blockchain technology and experience reviewing white papers or crypto projects
- Strong written and analytical skills for deal analysis and internal reporting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- History of being proactive within previous roles
- An ability to work well within a team and be self-guided on a day-to-day basis
- Technical background or experience in data science a plus
- Legal background a plus
Our process starts with having candidates answer one question by video recording. From the initial submissions we will select a smaller group for telephone interviews. From there a set of finalists will be asked to submit a written piece and join us for in-person or virtual meetings.