Portfolio Development Manager
Venture Team /
Pantera Capital is seeking a passionate community builder and execution-oriented leader to be a Portfolio Development Manager. This role will have direct responsibility for the design and execution of the Pantera portfolio experience, building our community of 250+ talented, diverse and purpose-driven founders and partnering with our senior leadership to support the Pantera portfolio. This is an incredible opportunity to work closely with many of the best founders and teams in the blockchain / crypto industry
Programming: Lead the day-to-day experience and deliver key touch points for our portfolio companies
- Guide founders through our onboarding process and portfolio resources.
- Manage portfolio company communications & touch points.
- Map out portfolio needs and execute on relevant programming.
- Collect regular feedback and drive continuous improvement.
- Help design, plan, and execute in-person and virtual events to strengthen the connectivity and learning among our portfolio companies and the broader Pantera community.
Community: Coordinate with Head of Platform to leverage community as the key value driver for our network of 250+ founders across the Pantera portfolio:
- Spearhead community operations with an eye toward automation and data.
- Maintain & evolve existing programs that enable founders to help and support each other including our internal community portal, founder newsletter, and 1:1 matching.
- Manage external partnerships and design meaningful engagements with the broader Pantera community.
- End-to-end development of community programming including curation, planning, promotion and execution.
Portfolio Support: Work in partnership with the investment team to manage portfolio company communications, status and support systems:
- Manage and grow portfolio resources including curated perks, best practices, job board and directory of domain experts and other vendors.
- Support overall content and marketing strategy, specifically overseeing portfolio company press tracking and coverage.
- Build scalable systems and processes to identify areas where the team can lean in and be supportive to C-suite leadership in the portfolio.
- Manage our CRM-based processes to measure Pantera’s value add to our portfolio and track relationships to introduce to portfolio companies to help them scale better and faster.
- At least 2-3 years of work experience in roles requiring community building, marketing, or content creation, ideally in a startup / high-growth / venture environment.
- You're creative and entrepreneurial and are excited to come up with innovative ideas that are fun, engaging, and valuable to our community.
- You're highly adaptable and have a “no task is too big or too small” attitude.
- Self-starter that is intellectually curious
- You’re passionate about community building and fostering connections both IRL and online
- You’re interested in startups, purpose-driven entrepreneurship and venture
- You’re an excellent communicator — at the front of the room, on video, or in writing
- You’re a self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- You’ve got operational chops with a strong creative streak
- You thrive in a collaborative and fast moving environment
- You believe candor and open communication leads to growth and productivity
We’re looking for experienced candidates in one or more of the following roles:
- Building and scaling startup companies as an operator (operations, product management, marketing / communications, business development)
- Working at an accelerator or at a venture capital firm
- Management consulting or innovation strategy
- Community building or working in a membership-driven organization
- Coaching or facilitating workshops for senior business executives
Salary & Benefits
- Commensurate with experience