San Francisco, California
Investment Team - Venture /
Pantera Capital is the first U.S. institutional asset manager focused exclusively on blockchain technology. Pantera launched the first cryptocurrency fund in the United States when bitcoin was at $65/BTC in 2013. The firm subsequently launched the first exclusively-blockchain venture fund. In 2017, Pantera was the first firm to offer an early-stage token fund. Pantera manages $3.3 billion across three strategies – passive, hedge, and venture – and has backed 110 early-stage token projects and 100 blockchain companies across various stages. A list of Pantera portfolio companies can be found here.
Pantera Capital is hiring an Investment Associate for our San Francisco office to focus on early-stage investment opportunities in both venture and early-stage tokens. As an Associate, you will learn about the venture capital and hedge fund industries, meet inspiring founders, and get exposure to cutting-edge projects. At Pantera, your days will be spent sourcing, analyzing, and evaluating Pantera’s next investment opportunities.
- Sourcing - proactively identifying new investment opportunities and qualifying inbound leads for the firm by meeting with entrepreneurs.
- Deal Diligence - helping the team evaluate new investment opportunities through market research, product reviews, competitive analysis, metrics analysis, customer/user reviews and technical diligence.
- Portfolio Work - collaborating with the team to support the Pantera Capital portfolio.
- Ecosystem Building - being an active contributor to the blockchain/cryptocurrencies community by organizing activities, participating in local events and looking for ways to help make the Pantera team stronger.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of professional experience in banking, consulting, investing or high growth tech.
- A native understanding of blockchain technology with experience reviewing white papers or crypto projects.
- The ability to think analytically and strategically about investment decisions and ongoing work with existing portfolio companies.
- The ability to work well within a team and be self-guided on a day-to-day basis.
- Strong written and analytical skills for deal analysis and internal reporting.
- Strong relationship building skills - Our Associates are connecting with entrepreneurs and other members of the startup community on a regular basis.
- A demonstrated history of being proactive.
- A technical background or experience in data science is a plus.
- An understanding of venture capital and crypto deal terms