Product Engineer - Application Security
Melbourne, VIC /
Product Development – Engineering /
Are you an App Sec expert who can identify and eliminate vulnerabilities in our code base? Can you lead our engineering teams in the art of building secure SaaS products? If so, we need you!
Our Product Engineers are not just software developers, we generate ideas, evolve our product roadmap and promote the features we want to see. We advocate for our customers, reach outside our comfort zone, realise the potential of our software, and love the art of simple yet powerful code.
As a member of our flat and fluid ways of working, you will join agile teams at the conception of ideas that will bring value to our customers. These teams are multidisciplinary across product, tech and go-to-market so that we can be fully full-stack.
After 20+ years we still have our first employees, first resellers, and first customers. Our success is not measured by profits and business metrics, but instead by the impact we've had on our 110 million users across 70,000 organisations in 195 countries. We're engineering-driven and fueled by coffee. We build things that make a difference to our planet and have fun doing it.
Some of the things you'll do…
- Continuously discovering, prioritising and acting on threats through reviewing of coding standards and development practices, searching for weakspots in our infrastructure, and investigating tools and shared services that could be exploited.
- Lead and join teams in the design, build and delivery of product components whilst ensuring that security is consistently being taken into consideration
- Build our overall application security capability by educating PaperCutters within and outside your teams to reduce reactive threat response work.
- Celebrate project success by presenting key outcomes or learnings at company meetings.
What success looks like 6 months in...
- You understand the engineer's perspective when setting up security solutions and want to enable innovation and speed of delivery whilst putting the right protections in place.
- You're proactive in the continuous identification of threats and can maintain a security work items backlog to keep track of relevant vulnerabilities whilst assessing their applicability.
- You can collaborate effectively across initiatives to ensure that security is a consistent element of architectural conversations and software development practices.
- You actively mentor other PaperCutters or enable the broader PaperCut ecosystem by facilitating and driving education on key knowledge areas.
Balance during COVID-19 and beyond...
- Since March 2020, our PaperCutters have been working remotely to do our bit to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- During this time, well-being has been a priority for us and we’re proud to have replaced a lot of our in-office weekly meditation, yoga, soccer and fitness groups with online alternatives.
- We’re also offering 2 weeks paid pandemic leave, in addition to our generous parental leave, volunteer leave, and longevity leave (extra 5 days after every 5 years).
- We hope to be back in our Camberwell office with its gorgeous city views, unlimited coffee from our in-house espresso machine and our outdoor deck very soon.
- While we do love our office, our PaperCutters also value a flexible workplace. So please chat to us about options for part-time, remote work, or any other arrangements you’d appreciate.
Our commitment to you...
Our hiring process lets you show off the very best version of you while learning all about us at the same time. Our pinky promise is a candidate experience that’s enjoyable, thorough, and fair. That’s our way of inspiring the world's brightest minds to become PaperCutters.
As an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion, we proudly encourage people from all walks of life to apply (even tea drinkers).
PaperCut is a 2020 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.