Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Operations – Admin & Facilities
Do you want to work for a seriously fun (or is that funly serious) award-winning global software company? Are you looking for a highly visible EA role that supports two dynamic leaders? Are you a whizz on PowerPoint and a born organiser? Please read on.
PaperCut is an award-winning global software company based in Melbourne, with offices in the US and UK and partners all around the globe. Our print management software is used by some of the world’s biggest universities and companies to manage their printing and cut waste every day.
We’ve experienced impressive growth over the last 18 months, having gone from 80 PaperCutters to over 150 today.
In the Executive Assistant role, you will be at the heart of PaperCut’s operations and activities and the soul that keeps the CEO and Head of Global Ops moving forward as effectively and efficiently as possible! You will provide operational and administrative support to both leaders, as well as having ownership over some admin/ops projects, and provide backup for reception and facilities management. This role will suit you if you are comfortable flying by the seat of your pants as we continue on the exciting journey that is the ever-evolving business of PaperCut. Solving problems (sometimes, before they even arise!) will be a large part yes, but we’re also looking for someone who is proactive and genuinely curious about learning about PaperCut, how we work, and what makes our people tick!
What you'll do...
- Day-to-day you will manage and maintain schedules, appointments and travel arrangements for the CEO and Head of Global Ops.
- On a weekly and ad-hoc basis you will attend meetings (including Leadership Team and Board meetings), record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings, and follow up on the action items.
- There will be plenty of opportunity for you to sink your teeth into project-based work focused around admin, operations and/or people.
- Communication is key and you have a deep passion for preparing and editing internal and external written communication and presentations (we need to prevent death by PowerPoint at all costs!)
- You find your flow when planning and coordinating events (e.g. Leadership team offsite and helping other teams with their internal events from time to time).
- When arranging and coordinating meetings, you will add the extra layer on top by ensuring our CEO & Head of Global Ops are prepped and ready.
- We will need your expertise to help define, implement, review and evaluate current or new operating/admin processes and procedures for our Melbourne office (and sometimes global offices).
- You will enjoy having a high profile, sitting on the Social Club committee, and hosting overseas staff when in Melbourne. This may involve organising accommodation, planning company-wide, team and offsite events.
- We play as a team at PaperCut, so you will also provide relief for reception and assist the People & Culture and Facilities team with ad-hoc admin duties from time to time (it's a two way street, so they will be on hand to help you as well!).
What you've got...
- Proven experience in a similar role supporting multiple senior stakeholders.
- Past experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Amazing organisational skills and attention to detail.
- A people person and a real team player with an ability to get along with different personalities and be adaptable.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Tenacious but able to compromise and be flexible when required.
- Genuinely curious, proactive, passionate and energetic.
- A problem solver, who uses common sense and their excellent decision making skills to make good judgement calls (sometimes autonomously).
- Humble and tactful with ability to handle matters with discretion and confidentiality.
- IT savvy with proficient skills in Gmail, Google Drive and Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Confluence (nice to have).
- Experience working in Tech/Software Development industry would be advantageous.
- Hopefully you love coffee, because we have unlimited espresso coffee at our in-house cafe. We’ll even train you to be a barista, as we value quality in everything we do.
- Our Camberwell location is central without being in the city, only a minute's walk from the train station and easily accessible by car. You also get an outstanding view of the city from our shiny new deck.
- You will have access to generous parental leave and flexible working practices.
- There will be plenty of opportunities to focus on your well-being with weekly yoga, meditation, running, and walking groups.
- We love loyalty, and hope that you do, too. PaperCutters get an additional five days annual leave for every five years they spend with us.
- Co-founders Chris and Matt genuinely love sharing success with our people. So each year you will get a 'share the success' bonus, based on how well we met our company goals.
Our startup way of thinking keeps our business agile and we’re wired a little bit differently to the average corporate. Our team is at home in t-shirts and jeans, and stands around the espresso machine rather than a boardroom table, as we live our values of being caring, honest, intelligent and nimble. Our leaders aren’t in offices, instead they work alongside our people with a focus on evolving what makes PaperCut great.
If the above description made you stand up, take a deep breath looking to the horizon thinking “That’s me!” then we look forward to receiving your application shortly….be sure to tell us how you like your coffee too!
Check out more on Glassdoor.