Product Engineering – Embedded QA
Keen to work for a seriously fun, award-winning global software company? Are you look to grow your QA experience in a product company? Then keep reading.
PaperCut develops print management software that helps over 50,000 businesses in 180 countries reduce waste, boost security, and cut costs.
In addition to our main base in Australia, we have two offices in the US and UK, and a bunch of partners around the globe. We’ve also grown a lot in the last two years – going from a team of 90 to over 180 today – and now we need you.
Our Embedded team produces quality software that runs on the multi-function devices (printers) that we support from multiple manufacturers. Reporting to the Embedded QA Lead, you will help us to improve our products by ensuring manual testing on physical devices throughout our regular release cycles.
What you'll do...
- Develop test plans (mostly manual) for feature verification in projects that target physical devices, applying existing test cases, while allowing for the variations across platforms.
- Record defects, analyse test results and make appropriate modifications or create new test cases.
- Break down requirements and specifications for the purpose of feature verification.
- Participate in sprint planning, reviewing requirements, defining acceptance criteria, and test estimation.Help with the running of automated smoke testing for each public release.
- From time to time you may also assist the Senior QA automation engineer to expand the automation test suite across the multi-function device (printer) platforms.
What you've got...
- You've got some experience with writing manual test scenarios for complex web systems and devices.
- You know TestRail, SoapUI, jMeter, Groovy, and Spock/Geb Framework.
- You're looking for an environment where being an independent thinker is encouraged.
- You've had experience with exploratory testing, test planning and risk assessment and prioritisation.
- One of your favourite things to do is track down bugs and find out their cause.
- You also might have some experience with test automation (automated smoke testing) but it won't be required and could even be an opportunity for you to grow.
- Hopefully you love coffee, because we have unlimited espresso coffee at our in-house cafe. We’ll even train you to be a barista, as we value quality in everything we do.
- Our Camberwell location is central without being in the city, only a minute's walk from the train station and easily accessible by car. You also get an outstanding view of the city from our shiny new deck.
- You'll have access to generous parental leave and flexible working practices.
- There'll be plenty of opportunities to focus on your well-being with weekly soccer, yoga, meditation, running, and walking groups.
- We love loyalty, and hope that you do, too. PaperCutters get an additional five days annual leave for every five years they spend with us.
- Co-founders Chris and Matt genuinely love sharing success with our people. So each year you'll get a 'share the success' bonus, based on how well we met our company goals.
Our startup way of thinking means we’re wired a little differently to your everyday corporate.
You’ll find us in our comfy clothes around the coffee machine, not in suits around the boardroom table. Our leaders don’t hide away in offices; they collaborate with you to evolve what makes us great.
And as an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion, we proudly encourage people from all walks of life to apply (even tea drinkers).
So if the above made you stand up dramatically, look to the horizon, and think: “Whoa, that’s me,” send us an application – and let us know how you like your coffee, too.
Check out more on Glassdoor