Marketing – Digital & Online
Keen to work for a seriously fun, award-winning global software company? Do you love teaching people about the power of UX in product development? Then keep reading.
PaperCut develops print management software that helps over 50,000 businesses in 180 countries reduce waste, boost security, and cut costs.
In addition to our main base in Australia, we have two offices in the US and UK, and a bunch of partners around the globe. We’ve also grown a lot in the last two years – going from a team of 90 to over 180 today – and now we need you.
This vision of the Digital Team is to improve the customer experience across our digital assets and we need you to help us make that a reality. As the UX Lead, you will be responsible for holistic customer UX and will help inform the design and development of our digital assets. The concept of UX is not new to PaperCut but this is our first true UX role, so we're hoping you'll help us build out the UX function over time.
What you'll do…
- Create UI design concepts and develop into compelling user interface and UX designs across our customer facing digital assets (web and email).
- Create user experience specifications, personas, user journeys, design patterns and wireframes to varying levels of fidelity.
- Create information architecture assets such as sitemaps, screen flows and navigation models to improve the online experience.
- Define, plan, execute and deliver actionable insights and frameworks using both generative and evaluative research approaches.
- Conduct user research and requirements analysis, task and concept modelling, information architecture, UX design, and concept/usability testing.
- Engage in post implementation analysis to support continual improvement and contribute further optimisation recommendations.
- Work with product owners and digital manager to learn customer needs and validate designs with customers.
- Create a deep understanding of the customer/channel within the business and help create a culture of customer-centric design.
What you've got…
- 5+ years experience in all aspects of user experience, user interface and visual design - across web, email, application and UI design.
- Have led UX teams or have the desire to.
- Experience using evaluative and generative, qualitative and quantitative UX methods.
- Ability to conduct user research and information needs whilst identifying changes that have led to business improvements and an overall improved user experience.
- Experienced working in Agile environment, feeding user research into design and development process within sprints.
- Ability to work effectively in cross functional teams, understanding and appreciating people with varying perspectives, and influencing others to deliver great outcomes.
- Understanding of online conversion and optimisation techniques.
- Advanced working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
- Experience in a B2B software/SaaS environment advantageous.
- Hopefully you love coffee, because we have unlimited espresso coffee at our in-house cafe. We’ll even train you to be a barista, as we value quality in everything we do.
- Our Camberwell location is central without being in the city, only a minute's walk from the train station and easily accessible by car. You also get an outstanding view of the city from our shiny new deck.
- You'll have access to generous parental leave and flexible working practices.
- There'll be plenty of opportunities to focus on your well-being with weekly soccer, yoga, meditation, running, and walking groups.
- We love loyalty, and hope that you do, too. PaperCutters get an additional five days annual leave for every five years they spend with us.
- Co-founders Chris and Matt genuinely love sharing success with our people. So each year you'll get a 'share the success' bonus, based on how well we met our company goals.
Our startup way of thinking means we’re wired a little differently to your everyday corporate.
You’ll find us in our comfy clothes around the coffee machine, not in suits around the boardroom table. Our leaders don’t hide away in offices; they collaborate with you to evolve what makes us great.
And as an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion, we proudly encourage people from all walks of life to apply (even tea drinkers).
So if the above made you stand up dramatically, look to the horizon, and think: “Whoa, that’s me,” send us an application – and let us know how you like your coffee, too.
Check out more on Glassdoor