Technical Support Engineer
Support – EMEA Support
Keen to work for a seriously fun, award-winning global software company? Are you looking to work for a product company that really cares? Then keep reading.
PaperCut develops print management software that helps over 50,000 businesses in 180 countries reduce waste, boost security, and cut costs.
In addition to our main base in Australia, we have two offices in the US and UK, and a bunch of partners around the globe. We’ve also grown a lot in the last two years – going from a team of 90 to over 180 today – and now we need you.
When our customers contact support they have a problem with our software and are at their most vulnerable. As the Technical Support Engineer, your role is to make that experience as painless and positive as possible representing PaperCut and our ethos towards the customer, in their hour of need.
Reporting to Technical Support Team Lead, you will also assist building our self-help tools, such as knowledge-base articles and short how-to videos. You'll also provide the voice of the customer, contributing to new product generation, from both a feature perspective and consulting on how to support our products.
What you'll do...
- Through our phone, email web chat and forum channels, you’ll be 'wowing' customers with speedy support replies.
- You'll examine the log files and pinpoint the issue and can determine when to escalate an issue over to a Rapid Response engineer.
- As a part of the global support flow, you’ll collaborate with our teams across AU, US and UK.
- Partner with our channel, assisting them with queries relating to PaperCut products, scripting and print domain questions.
- You're encouraged to log identify trends in incoming tickets and identifying potential mitigation options.
- You'll mentor new members of the Technical Support team and help them come up to speed as quickly as possible.
- You'll also have the opportunity to attend external events as a technical representative.
What you've got...
- You've been working as a hands-on Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or Sysadmin for several years, and you're keen to become one of the customer support voices of PaperCut.
- You've got customer support in your blood, and you love to do that little bit extra to make customers happy.
- You can tailor your messaging well. You know the difference between a static IP address and a DHCP reservation - and know not to use either of those terms when you're talking to a non-technical user.
- Most importantly, you have a logical and calm attitude, and excellent knack for troubleshooting.
- Hopefully you love coffee, because we have unlimited espresso coffee at our in-house cafe. We’ll even train you to be a barista, as we value quality in everything we do.
- Our brand new office in Bracknell has its very own tree, arcade corner and plenty of space for work and play.
- You will have access to PaperCut's generous parental leave and flexible working practices.
- There will be plenty of opportunities for you to take time out with ping pong, summer picnic, and our annual holiday party.
- We love loyalty, and hope that you do, too. PaperCutters get an additional five days annual leave for every five years they spend with us.
- Co-founders Chris and Matt genuinely love sharing success with our people. So each year you will get a 'share the success' bonus, based on how well we met our company goals.
Our startup way of thinking means we’re wired a little differently to your everyday corporate.
You’ll find us in our comfy clothes around the coffee machine, not in suits around the boardroom table. Our leaders don’t hide away in offices; they collaborate with you to evolve what makes us great.
And as an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion, we proudly encourage people from all walks of life to apply (even tea drinkers).
So if the above made you stand up dramatically, look to the horizon, and think: “Whoa, that’s me,” send us an application – and let us know how you like your coffee, too.
Check out more on Glassdoor