Principal Product Engineer
Melbourne, VIC /
Product Development – Product Engineering /
Are you a software leader that can add ideas that drive our roadmap and innovation? Can you think of technical solutions that mean we're one step ahead of the market, meaning we can build features our customers are yet to ask for? If so, we need you!
Our Product Engineers are not just software developers, we generate ideas, evolve our product roadmap and promote the features we want to see. We advocate for our customers, reach outside our comfort zone, realise the potential of our software, and love the art of simple yet powerful code.
You will be integral to our flat and fluid ways of working, coordinating agile teams to form at the conception of ideas that will bring value to our customers. These teams are multidisciplinary across product, tech and go-to-market so that we can be fully full-stack.
After 20+ years we still have our first employees, first resellers, and first customers. Our success is not measured by profits and business metrics, but instead by the impact we've had on our 110 million users across 70,000 organisations in 195 countries. We're engineering-driven and fueled by coffee. We build things that make a difference to our planet and have fun doing it.
We’re not actively hiring for this position right now, but we like to take a proactive approach to recruitment here at PaperCut. This means that we’re always open to speaking with anyone that aligns with who we are and what we do. So, if you like what you've seen so far, please continue to read on and apply!
Some of the things you'll do...
- Oversee multiple product teams concurrently to ensure appropriate technical direction and task prioritisation.
- Break down a product vision into practical, well-defined milestones to promote an iterative product rollout.
- Introduce new technologies into PaperCut and make sure that it is put to good use.
- Identify business opportunities that are possible through the creation or application of new technology.
- Contribute changes to our recruitment and onboarding process for engineers.
What success looks like 6 months in...
- Your deep technical expertise opens up new product opportunities.
- You make the right trade-offs between technical and product drivers to ensure the ongoing success of our software.
- You encourage teams to embrace new approaches and technologies while helping them prioritise their work.
- You're an ambassador for PaperCut within the technology community.
Balance beyond COVID-19...
- During COVID-19 and restrictions allowing, PaperCutters are working flexibly - spending some time in the office and some at home as we look to transition to a hybrid model longer-term.
- Our Camberwell office location is central without being in the city, only a minute's walk from the train station and easily accessible by car.
- When in the office, you can enjoy unlimited coffee from our in-house espresso machine and drink it in alongside an outstanding view of the city from our outdoor deck.
- To ensure that everyone (remote or in the office) feels equally included, we're proud to offer both in-office and virtual wellness and social activities such as weekly yoga, Friday brekkie, nibbles and drinks, soccer and more.
- We're also open to flexible arrangements you might appreciate, so please don't hesitate to highlight this during your application.
Our commitment to you...
Our hiring process lets you show off the very best version of yourself while learning all about us at the same time. Our pinky promise is a candidate experience that’s enjoyable, thorough, and fair. That’s our way of inspiring the world's brightest minds to become PaperCutters.
As an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion, we proudly encourage people from all walks of life to apply (even tea drinkers).
PaperCut is a proud 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.