Principal Product Engineer
Melbourne, VIC /
Product Development – Engineering /
Are you a software leader that can add ideas that drive our roadmap and innovation? Can you think of technical solutions that mean we're one step ahead of the market, meaning we can build features our customers are yet to ask for? If so, we need you!
Our Product Engineers are not just software developers, we generate ideas, evolve our product roadmap and promote the features we want to see. We advocate for our customers, reach outside our comfort zone, realise the potential of our software, and love the art of simple yet powerful code.
You will be integral to our flat and fluid ways of working, coordinating agile teams to form at the conception of ideas that will bring value to our customers. These teams are multidisciplinary across product, tech and go-to-market so that we can be fully full-stack.
After 20+ years we still have our first employees, first resellers, and first customers. Our success is not measured by profits and business metrics, but instead by the impact we've had on our 110 million users across 70,000 organisations in 195 countries. We're engineering-driven and fueled by coffee. We build things that make a difference to our planet and have fun doing it.
Some of the things you'll do...
- Oversee multiple product teams concurrently to ensure appropriate technical direction and task prioritisation.
- Break down a product vision into practical, well-defined milestones to promote an iterative product rollout.
- Introduce new technologies into PaperCut and make sure that it is put to good use.
- Identify business opportunities that are possible through the creation or application of new technology.
- Contribute changes to our recruitment and onboarding process for engineers.
What success looks like 6 months in...
- Your deep technical expertise opens up new product opportunities.
- You make the right trade-offs between technical and product drivers to ensure the ongoing success of our software.
- You encourage teams to embrace new approaches and technologies while helping them prioritise their work.
- You're an ambassador for PaperCut within the technology community.
Balance during COVID-19 and beyond...
- Since March 2020, our PaperCutters have been working remotely to do our bit to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- During this time, well-being has been a priority for us and we’re proud to have replaced a lot of our in-office weekly meditation, yoga, soccer and fitness groups with online alternatives.
- We’re also offering 2 weeks paid pandemic leave, in addition to our generous parental leave, volunteer leave, and longevity leave (extra 5 days after every 5 years).
- We hope to be back in our Camberwell office with its gorgeous city views, unlimited coffee from our in-house espresso machine and our outdoor deck very soon.
- Whilst we love our office, our PaperCutters also value a flexible workplace. So please do chat to us about options for part-time, remote work, or any other arrangements you’d appreciate.
Our commitment to you...
Our hiring process lets you show off the very best version of you while learning all about us at the same time. Our pinky promise is a candidate experience that’s enjoyable, thorough, and fair. That’s our way of inspiring the world's brightest minds to become PaperCutters.
As an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion, we proudly encourage people from all walks of life to apply (even tea drinkers).
PaperCut is a 2020 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.