Systems Architect (Asia)
Customer & Go To Market – Technical Services
Keen to work for a seriously fun, award-winning global software company? Are you passionate about creating WOW moments and solving problems for customers? Then keep reading.
PaperCut's print management software helps over 60,000 businesses in 180 countries cut waste, increase security, and minimise the cost of running their business every single day. In addition to our main base in Australia, we have a growing presence in the US, UK and Singapore, and a bunch of partners around the globe. Our customers love us because our software is easy to install and it just works.
The Technical Services team have a simple vision that no organisation that chooses PaperCut should struggle to successfully implement or maximise its value. Networks and infrastructure vary from organisation to organisation, and around the world. Our software relies on the services of operating systems (and a variety of them), mail servers, directory servers, database servers and the like. We're installed on the private cloud, in virtualised infrastructure, on clustered resources and so on. Understandably, we know our own software in intimate detail, but to support our customers the PaperCut way, we need your knowledge to complement ours.
This opportunity is for a 12 month fixed-term renewable contract through our global contracting partner, with a view to go permanent as we continue with our expansion plans in the region.
What you'll do...
- Reporting to our head of technical services in Melbourne, you'll be part of a team that proudly sits within our Go To Market team as this is a role that directly supports the sales process.
- You'll provide support to our Sales and Support teams in the form of being a technical expert in the successful usage and deployment of PaperCut solutions.
- Function as an internal technical escalation resource for our teams to support our customers.
- Engage with our product streams as the customer and partner advocate to support product roadmap discussions
- Document best practices to support education and enablement of our channel partners at scale
- You'll deliver technical product training in the form of webinars or face-to-face, where needed.
What you've got...
- Experience connecting customers to on-prem/cloud resources.
- Experience provisioning servers of a variety of OS’ on on-prem/cloud infrastructure
- A creative and resourceful mind. Understanding a customer’s challenges is only the first step; creativity to resolve issues is essential.
- Project Management skills - not a qualified project manager per se, but an ability to take a large job, break it down into deliverables and track to completion.
- Experience supporting customers around the globe would be a big advantage
- A broad set of IT fundamentals (an IT related degree is ideal but not essential)
- English written and spoken required but perhaps you also speak Mandarin, so you're able to support not only our South East Asian market but China as well.
- You'll work remotely with our growing team in Singapore and get to travel frequently around APAC and even to our HQ in Melbourne.
- Hopefully you love coffee, because we’ll train you to be a barista when you visit us in Melbourne (the coffee capital of Australia).
- You'll have access to PaperCut's volunteer leave, pet bereavement leave, flexible working practices and more.
- We love loyalty, and hope that you do, too. PaperCutters get an additional five days annual leave for every five years they spend with us.
- Co-founders Chris and Matt genuinely love sharing success with our people. So each year you'll get a 'share the success' bonus, based on how well we met our company goals.
Our startup way of thinking means we’re wired a little differently to your everyday corporate. You’ll find us in our comfy clothes around the coffee machine, not in suits around the boardroom table.
We're not interested in who's "in charge"; we collaborate with one another and continuously evolve what makes us great.
And as an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion, we proudly encourage people from all walks of life to apply (even tea drinkers).
So if the above made you stand up dramatically, look to the horizon, and think: “Whoa, that’s me,” send us an application – and let us know how you like your coffee, too.
Check out more on Glassdoor.