Software Developer (Junior - Mid)
Product Engineering – Rapid Response
Do you want to work for a seriously fun (or is that funly serious) award-winning global software company? Are you a forward thinking, agile loving, collaborative Java developer? Please read on.
PaperCut's print management software is developed locally here in Melbourne, with offices in the US and UK, and partners all around the globe. PaperCut helps over 50,000 businesses in 180 countries cut waste, increase security, and minimise the cost of running their business every single day. Our customers love us because our software is easy to install and it just works.
We’ve experienced dramatic growth in the last 18 months, going from 80 employees to over 170 today. And now we need you.
Putting our customer first has been an important part of PaperCut's DNA from the beginning. As a result, the Rapid Response Team was created to focus on escalated customer issues that require developer level investigation, troubleshooting and often a quick turnaround. As a Rapid Response Dev, every day you'll flex your problem solving skills, working collaboratively to come up with solutions.
What you'll do…
- You'll be involved in code reviews, testing, research and contributing to the technical excellence of the team.
- You'll produce well written, easily readable and tested code – our focus is quality over quantity.
- You'll engage in trouble shooting conversations, and once a solution is found, have technical design discussions with the immediate team and other teams when required.
- You'll be working in an agile, passionate, and dynamic team.
- You're open to being mentored by the team to improve and grow your skills, and be a mentor to more junior devs.
What you've got…
- You have experience working in Java (2 - 4 years is preferable but if you don't fit in that bucket it's OK).
- You have a positive “can do” attitude.
- You're willing to tackle tasks outside of traditional development for the good of our customers and the product.
- You're curious with a willingness to learn and share knowledge.
- You're confident and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- If you have an active involvement in meetups, stack overflow, blogging or open source projects, that'd be a bonus.
- Hopefully you love coffee, because we have unlimited espresso coffee at our in-house cafe. We’ll even train you to be a barista, as we value quality in everything we do.
- Our Camberwell location is central without being in the city, only a minute's walk from the train station and easily accessible by car. You also get an outstanding view of the city from our shiny new deck.
- You'll have access to generous parental leave and flexible working practices.
- There'll be plenty of opportunities to focus on your well-being with weekly yoga, meditation, running, and walking groups.
- We love loyalty, and hope that you do, too. PaperCutters get an additional five days annual leave for every five years they spend with us.
- Co-founders Chris and Matt genuinely love sharing success with our people. So each year you'll get a 'share the success' bonus, based on how well we met our company goals.
Our startup way of thinking means we’re wired a little differently to your everyday corporate.
You’ll find us in our comfy clothes around the coffee machine, not in suits around the boardroom table. Our leaders don’t hide away in offices; they collaborate with you to evolve what makes us great.
And as an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion, we proudly encourage people from all walks of life to apply (even tea drinkers).
So if the above made you stand up dramatically, look to the horizon, and think: “Whoa, that’s me,” send us an application – and let us know how you like your coffee, too.
Check out more on Glassdoor