Group Payroll Officer
Operations – Finance
Do you want to work for a seriously fun (or is that funly serious) award-winning global software company? Are you a people-loving payroll officer? Please read on.
PaperCut's software is developed here in Melbourne, with offices in the US and UK, and partners all around the globe. Our flagship print management software helps over 60,000 businesses in 180 countries cut waste, increase security, and minimise the cost of running their business every single day.
We're growing and we can't keep up! International expansions and increased headcount means more payroll and benefits to manage for our local and global PaperCutters. We're looking for a payroll professional to co-manage the payroll function and help us continue to grow.
What you'll do...
- Co-manage payroll with one other Group Payroll officer, with your focus being managing our international payroll processes (UK, US, and Germany).
- Assist our PaperCutters with any of their payroll queries.
- Help us to source, implement and manage a new payroll system.
- Work with our People & Culture team to manage people changes and updates through payroll.
- Process payroll accounting entries such as payroll expenses, payroll accruals, annual leave provisions, pension expenses, employee benefits etc.
- Lodge payroll taxes and employee insurance and complete monthly and annual payroll reconciliations.
- Administer all international employee benefits, e.g. 401k, FSA, health care insurance, VWL deductions, pensions, salary sacrifice, national insurance, etc.
- Work with a passionate global finance team who are never in short supply of interesting projects you can support.
What you've got...
- A love of payroll and at least a few years experience (in a global company would be a bonus).
- Know a thing or two about accounting, particularly payroll accounting.
- Comfortable with technology and using systems to make your day easier.
- A great relationship with complex spreadsheets and all of their wonderful benefits.
- A love of people and a desire to engage with many people of all walks of life in your role.
- Hopefully you love coffee, because we have unlimited espresso coffee at our in-house cafe. We’ll even train you to be a barista, as we value quality in everything we do.
- Our Camberwell location is central without being in the city, only a minute's walk from the train station and easily accessible by car. You also get an outstanding view of the city from our shiny new deck.
- You will have access to generous parental leave and flexible working practices.
- There will be plenty of opportunities to focus on your well-being with weekly yoga, meditation, running, and walking groups.
- We love loyalty, and hope that you do, too. PaperCutters get an additional five days annual leave for every five years they spend with us.
- Co-founders Chris and Matt genuinely love sharing success with our people. So each year you'll get a 'Share the Success' bonus based on how well we met our company goals.
Our startup way of thinking means we’re wired a little differently to your everyday corporate. You’ll find us in our comfy clothes around the coffee machine, not in suits around the boardroom table.
We're not interested in who's "in charge"; we collaborate with one another and continuously evolve what makes us great.
And as an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion, we proudly encourage people from all walks of life to apply (even tea drinkers).
So if the above made you stand up dramatically, look to the horizon, and think: “Whoa, that’s me,” send us an application – and let us know how you like your coffee, too.
Check out more on Glassdoor.