Senior Product Engineer - Web Platforms
Melbourne, VIC /
Product Development – Engineering /
Our Product Engineers are not just software developers, we generate ideas, evolve our product roadmap and promote the features we want to see. We advocate for our customers, reach outside our comfort zone, realise the potential of our software, and love the art of simple yet powerful code. Are you a senior engineer who can show us how to make the most of our web stack (PHP/Golang, Vue.js, Webpack/Hugo, GCP and more)? If so, we need you!
Our flat and fluid ways of working allow agile teams to form at the conception of an idea that will bring value to our customers. These teams are multidisciplinary across product, tech and go-to-market so that we can be fully full-stack.
After 20+ years we still have our first employees, first resellers, and first customers. Our success is not measured by profits and business metrics, but instead by the impact we've had on our 110 million users across 70,000 organisations in 195 countries. We're engineering-driven and fueled by coffee. We build things that make a difference to our planet and have fun doing it.
Some of the things you'll do…
- Shape our products by discussing opportunities with colleagues and partners, ideating solutions and contributing to technology choices across projects.
- Lead and join teams in the design, build and delivery of product components whilst identifying ways to improve the quality of our tooling and practices.
- Build our overall capability by reviewing code and coding standards, mentoring PaperCutters in and outside your team, and participating in recruitment interviews.
- Celebrate project success by presenting key outcomes or learnings at company meetings.
What success looks like...
- You can work in any area of the codebase through both experience and proactivity in seeking assistance.
- You can set the pace in projects, oversee a team building large features to completion and take ownership of the outcome.
- You're proactive at communicating the project status, collaborate effectively across disciplines and look for ways to achieve outcomes sooner.
- You actively mentor other PaperCutters or enable the broader PaperCut ecosystem by facilitating and driving education on key knowledge areas.
Balance during COVID-19 and beyond...
- Since March 2020, our PaperCutters have been working remotely to do our bit to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- During this time, well-being has been a priority for us and we’re proud to have replaced a lot of our in-office weekly meditation, yoga, soccer and fitness groups with online alternatives.
- We’re also offering 2 weeks paid pandemic leave, in addition to our generous parental leave, volunteer leave, and longevity leave (extra 5 days after every 5 years).
- We hope to be back in our Camberwell office with its gorgeous city views, unlimited coffee from our in-house espresso machine and our outdoor deck very soon.
- While we do love our office, our PaperCutters also value a flexible workplace. So please chat to us about options for part-time, remote work, or any other arrangements you’d appreciate.
Our commitment to you...
Our hiring process lets you show off the very best version of you while learning all about us at the same time. Our pinky promise is a candidate experience that’s enjoyable, thorough, and fair. That’s our way of inspiring the world's brightest minds to become PaperCutters.
As an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion, we proudly encourage people from all walks of life to apply (even tea drinkers).
PaperCut is a 2020 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.