Support Operations Specialist and Escalations Project Manager
Melbourne, VIC /
Go To Market – Global Support /
Keen to work for a seriously fun, award-winning global software company? Are you passionate about creating amazing customer experiences in their time of need? Then keep reading.
PaperCut's software is developed here in Melbourne, with offices in the US and UK, and partners all around the globe. Our flagship print management software helps over 70,000 businesses in 195+ countries cut waste, increase security, and minimise the cost of running their business every single day. We reach 112 million end users who love our software because it's easy to install and just works.
When our customers contact support they have a problem with our software and are at their most vulnerable. As the Support Operations Specialist and Escalations Project Manager, your role is to make that experience as painless and positive as possible, representing PaperCut and our ethos towards the customer.
Reporting to Global Support Lead, you'll continuously evolve our support processes and ensure our escalated issues are well-managed. You'll use your extensive technical support and PaperCut experience, along with data analysis, to identify processes and trends to improve the experience for our customers, while also making the life of our support engineers that little bit easier!
What you'll do...
- Self-help (knowledge-base articles, manuals, videos) content creation or to development effort to engineer out supportability, diagnosability and usability issues.
- Analyse website traffic (support-related pages) and make recommendations to enhance the content available to customers.
- Identify what additional tools the support team require to enhance our ability to support our product suite.
- Work with PaperCut partners (Authorised Solution Centres, Resellers and Manufacturers) and end customers to understand their experience working with us.
- Manage issues that are escalated and found to be product-level hot issues that require careful project management.
- Work with the hot issues investigative team, coaching them to provide creative solutions to seemingly intractable solutions
- Attend technical customer calls to understand expectations around problem context and time frames and help convey progress on technical investigation.
What you've got...
- You've worked as a hands-on support engineer for software companies building their own products, and you've been used to playing a leadership role in a team, either informally or formally.
- As a minimum, you will have5 years of experience as a Tier 3 (or higher) Technical Support Engineer and have had extensive experience with PaperCut software in your previous roles.
- You'll also have had experience analysing large sets of data, bringing together data from different systems to help build a single view, from touch points across multiple teams.
- You've spent a lot of time looking at the bigger picture - able to suggest workflow changes or process improvements that can make the team stronger, more efficient and happier!
- You have a logical and calm attitude, and can take the chaos of issue investigation brainstorming and help create an outcome that accelerates issue resolution.
- While we're currently working from home because of COVID-19, the following highlights the best bits of our in-office culture!
- Hopefully you love coffee, because we have unlimited espresso coffee at our in-house cafe. We’ll even train you to be a barista, as we value quality in everything we do.
- Our Camberwell location is central without being in the city, only a minute's walk from the train station and easily accessible by car. You also get an outstanding view of the city from our outdoor deck.
- You'll have access to generous parental leave, volunteer and flexible working practices (yep, we have always loved working from home!).
- There'll be plenty of opportunities to focus on your well-being with weekly soccer, yoga, meditation, running, and walking groups.
- We love loyalty, and hope that you do, too. PaperCutters get an additional five days annual leave for every five years they spend with us.
- Co-founders Chris and Matt genuinely love sharing success with our people. So each year you'll get a 'share the success' bonus, based on how well we met our company goals.
Our commitment to you...
Our hiring process lets you show off the very best version of you while learning all about us at the same time. Our pinky promise is a candidate experience that’s enjoyable, thorough, and fair. That’s our way of inspiring the world's brightest minds to become PaperCutters.
As an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion, we proudly encourage people from all walks of life to apply (even tea drinkers).
PaperCut is a 2020 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.