Systems Architect (Cloud)
Customer & Go To Market – Technical Services
Keen to work for a seriously fun, award-winning global software company? Are you passionate about creating WOW moments and solving problems for customers? Then keep reading.
PaperCut's flagship print management software helps over 60,000 businesses in 180 countries cut waste, increase security, and minimise the cost of running their business every single day. In addition to our main base in Australia, we have growing offices in the US and UK, and a bunch of partners around the globe. Our customers love us because our software is easy to install and it just works.
The Technical Services team have a simple vision that no organisation that chooses PaperCut should struggle to successfully implement or maximise its value. Our customers are moving their applications to the private cloud, so we're looking for someone to join our team with experience deploying applications in cloud environments and the seamless integration of these applications into a private network. Reporting to our head of technical services back in Melbourne, you'll also be supported by two US-based solutions architects and the rest of our go to market team.
What you'll do...
- You'll learn how our software works, its features and problems it solves so we can WOW customers during the sales process with our technical knowledge and care.
- You're the expert in cloud deployments, and you'll use your knowledge of the main providers in this space to help customers identify which of the main providers may be best suited to their needs.
- You'll create demos and collateral to show how easy migrating to the cloud can be.
- You'll share your best practices with customers so they’re able to benefit from your lessons learned, especially in security and availability of cloud resources.
- Support our channel with practical examples and training on end-to-end migration of traditionally on-prem applications to the cloud.
- You're also keen to broaden your knowledge of IT systems such as directory, mail and database servers, high availability products, and networking.
- Occasionally travel outside of the office and the USA (Channel visits, expos, events, trade shows etc.) to keep in touch with customer, channel and the real-world.
What you've got...
- Experience connecting customers to cloud resources.
- Experience provisioning servers of a variety of OS’ on cloud infrastructure
- A creative and resourceful mind. Understanding a customer’s challenges is only the first step; creativity to resolve issues is essential.
- Project Management skills - not a qualified project manager per se, but an ability to take a large job, break it down into deliverables and track to completion.
- Experience supporting customers around the globe would be a big advantage
- A broad set of IT fundamentals (an IT related degree is ideal but not essential)
- If you speak another language other than English, let us know! It will be highly valued.
- Hopefully you love coffee, because we have unlimited espresso coffee at our in-house cafe. We’ll even train you to be a barista, as we value quality in everything we do.
- When you join, we will have just moved into our brand new digs near Pine Street Market. We can't wait to show you our awesome new space!
- You'll get access to a full suite of benefits including: great medical and workers compensation coverage, 401(k) with matching contribution, paid vacation, parental leave, sick leave, and more.
- There will be plenty of opportunities for you to take time out with ping pong, giant jenga, walking group, summer BBQ, and our annual holiday party.
- We love loyalty, and hope that you do, too. PaperCutters get an additional five days annual leave for every five years they spend with us.
- Co-founders Chris and Matt genuinely love sharing success with our people. So each year you will get a 'share the success' bonus, based on how well we met our company goals.
Our startup way of thinking means we’re wired a little differently to your everyday corporate. You’ll find us in our comfy clothes around the coffee machine, not in suits around the boardroom table.
We're not interested in who's "in charge"; we collaborate with one another and continuously evolve what makes us great.
And as an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion, we proudly encourage people from all walks of life to apply (even tea drinkers).
So if the above made you stand up dramatically, look to the horizon, and think: “Whoa, that’s me,” send us an application – and let us know how you like your coffee, too.
Check out more on Glassdoor.