Full Stack Software Developer (Mid - Senior)
Product Engineering – All teams
Keen to work for a seriously fun, award-winning global software company? Are you an agile loving, collaborative full stack developer? Then keep reading.
PaperCut develops print management software that helps over 50,000 businesses in 180 countries reduce waste, boost security, and cut costs.
In addition to our main base in Australia, we have two offices in the US and UK, and a bunch of partners around the globe. We’ve also grown a lot recently – doubling to our current team of 200 in just over 2 years– and now we need you.
Our Product Engineering team is at the core of what has got us to where we are today, our hugely successful PaperCut MF product. As a Software Developer at PaperCut you are encouraged to think beyond development and get into the minds of our customers. You'll get involved with discovery and proof of concept sessions, as well as building new parts of our product. As a new recruit you will also work on escalated issues that desperately need developer level intervention - a great way for you to learn the product inside out.
What you'll do...
- Write well written, readable and tested code. We're looking for quality over quantity and simple over clever.
- Contribute to the “tribal knowledge” of the team.
- Mentor and support the growth of more junior team members.
- Participation in trouble shooting conversations and once a solution is found, technical design discussions.
- Contribute to architectural discussions and participate in code reviews among the team.
- Work in and champion an agile development environment.
- Most importantly you'll be product-focused and can think critically about how your contribution will improve the experience of our customers.
What you've got...
- You're a team player willing to take on tasks outside of traditional development if required e.g. QA, BA, support, market validation.
- Experience working in Java (8+), Spring, Hibernate, Kotlin, Gradle, Web Services (REST and SOAP), Git.
- Experience working a test driven development environment, using JUnit and Mockito and PowerMock.
- Experience with Golang and Google Cloud Platform advantageous but not required.
- Strong advocate for agile and XP practices (pair programming etc.)
- Experience in Web Application Server performance tuning will be looked upon favourably.
- You can adapt to an ever-changing software and business environment.
- An active involvement in meetups or some form of software community contribution is not mandatory but will be viewed favourably and is encouraged within PaperCut.
- An IT degree (BSc in Computer Science or Software Engineering) is preferred.
- Hopefully you love coffee, because we have unlimited espresso coffee at our in-house cafe. We’ll even train you to be a barista, as we value quality in everything we do.
- Our Camberwell location is central without being in the city, only a minute's walk from the train station and easily accessible by car. You also get an outstanding view of the city from our shiny new deck.
- You'll have access to generous parental leave and flexible working practices.
- There will be plenty of opportunities to focus on your well-being with weekly yoga, meditation, running, and walking groups.
- We love loyalty, and hope that you do, too. PaperCutters get an additional five days annual leave for every five years they spend with us.
- Co-founders Chris and Matt genuinely love sharing success with our people. So each year you'll get a 'share the success' bonus, based on how well we met our company goals.
Our startup way of thinking means we’re wired a little differently to your everyday corporate.
You’ll find us in our comfy clothes around the coffee machine, not in suits around the boardroom table. Our leaders don’t hide away in offices; they collaborate with you to evolve what makes us great.
And as an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion, we proudly encourage people from all walks of life to apply (even tea drinkers).
So if the above made you stand up dramatically, look to the horizon, and think: “Whoa, that’s me,” send us an application – and let us know how you like your coffee, too.
Check out more on Glassdoor