Full Stack Software Developer (Senior)
Product Engineering – All teams
Keen to work for a seriously fun, award-winning global software company? Are you an agile loving, collaborative full stack developer? Then keep reading.
PaperCut develops print management software that helps over 60,000 businesses in 180 countries reduce waste, boost security, and cut costs.
In addition to our main base in Australia, we have two offices in the US and UK, and a bunch of partners around the globe. We’ve also grown a lot recently – doubling to our current team of 200 in just over 2 years– and now we need you.
Our Product Engineering team is at the core of what has got us to where we are today, our hugely successful PaperCut MF product. Reporting to one of our Delivery Manager's, as a Senior Product Engineer at PaperCut you are encouraged to think beyond development and get into the minds of our customers. You'll also get involved with discovery and proof of concept sessions, as well as building new parts of our product.
What you'll do...
- Produce well written, easily readable and tested software. We’re looking for quality over quantity and simple over clever.
- Engage and contribute in trouble shooting, technical design and product discussions.
- Work in an agile, fast paced and supportive team.
- Participate in sprint planning, defining user stories, development estimations and code reviews.
- Contribute to the “tribal knowledge” of the team.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and BAs to understand the what and the why and work with your team on how to make it happen, including mentoring more junior team members.
- Most importantly you'll be product-focused and can think critically about how your contribution will improve the experience of our customers.
What you've got...
- Trained in software engineering or another engineering discipline.
- Web services (SOAP/XML/REST).
- Experience working in a Agile, Scrum/XP environment (pair programming etc.).
- Curious and creative thinker who loves working on challenging problems.
- You're a team player willing to take on tasks outside of traditional development if required e.g. QA, BA, support, market validation.
- Active involvement in meet-ups or some form of software community contribution.
Extra points for...
- Experience with concurrent programming and embedded programming challenges.
- Develop using test driven methodologies, using JUnit and Mockito and PowerMock.
- Experience with Golang and Google Cloud Platform .
- Hopefully you love coffee, because we have unlimited espresso coffee at our in-house cafe. We’ll even train you to be a barista, as we value quality in everything we do.
- Our Camberwell location is central without being in the city, only a minute's walk from the train station and easily accessible by car. You also get an outstanding view of the city from our shiny new deck.
- You'll have access to generous parental leave and flexible working practices.
- There will be plenty of opportunities to focus on your well-being with weekly yoga, meditation, running, and walking groups.
- We love loyalty, and hope that you do, too. PaperCutters get an additional five days annual leave for every five years they spend with us.
- Co-founders Chris and Matt genuinely love sharing success with our people. So each year you'll get a 'share the success' bonus, based on how well we met our company goals.
Our startup way of thinking means we’re wired a little differently to your everyday corporate.
You’ll find us in our comfy clothes around the coffee machine, not in suits around the boardroom table. Our leaders don’t hide away in offices; they collaborate with you to evolve what makes us great.
And as an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion, we proudly encourage people from all walks of life to apply (even tea drinkers).
So if the above made you stand up dramatically, look to the horizon, and think: “Whoa, that’s me,” send us an application – and let us know how you like your coffee, too.
Check out more on Glassdoor