Frontline Support Engineer
Support – AMERICAS Support
Keen to work for a seriously fun, award-winning global software company? Are you passionate about incredible technical support and love the dynamic nature of the software industry? Then keep reading.
PaperCut develops print management software that helps over 50,000 businesses in 180 countries reduce waste, boost security, and cut costs. In addition to our main base in Australia, we have offices in the US and UK, and a bunch of partners around the globe. We’ve also grown a lot recently – doubling to our current team of 200 in just over 2 years– and now we need you.
Reporting to the Support Team Lead, you'll play an essential role in our support engineering team ensuring that our customers are equipped and able to maximise the use of our products.
What you'll do...
- Keep our customers front of mind as you investigate, solve and escalate when needed a variety of different problems.
- Work as part of a global support team responding to enquiries that come in via phone, email, web chat and forum support.
- Assist channel partners with the PaperCut products, scripting and print domain questions.
- Contribute to PaperCut's growing technical knowledge base and technical white papers.
- Consolidate feature feedback from customers and provide insight in product planning meetings.
What you've got...
- A passion for 'wowing' customers with speedy and comprehensive replies.
- Curiosity and an eagerness to see something through to completion, ensuring that the customer is happy and that you continue to learn new things along the way.
- Experience as a hands-on desktop support engineer, technical support engineer or sysadmin for a couple of years.
- You're positive and have a solution focused approach when dealing with customers and their unique requirements.
- Collaboration is something you're passionate about and working with people across the business (globally) and externally is an exciting opportunity to continue your development.
- Logical and calm approach with excellent knowledge for troubleshooting.
- Hopefully you love coffee, because we have unlimited espresso coffee at our in-house cafe. We’ll even train you to be a barista, as we value quality in everything we do.
- Our downtown Portland location is just around the corner from food carts, shopping, and Washington Park.
- You'll get access to a full suite of benefits including: great medical and workers compensation coverage, 401(k) with matching contribution, paid vacation, parental leave, sick leave, and more.
- There will be plenty of opportunities for you to take time out with ping pong, giant jenga, walking group, summer BBQ, and our annual holiday party.
- We love loyalty, and hope that you do, too. PaperCutters get an additional five days annual leave for every five years they spend with us.
- Co-founders Chris and Matt genuinely love sharing success with our people. So each year you will get a 'share the success' bonus, based on how well we met our company goals.
Our startup way of thinking means we’re wired a little differently to your everyday corporate.
You’ll find us in our comfy clothes around the coffee machine, not in suits around the boardroom table. Our leaders don’t hide away in offices; they collaborate with you to evolve what makes us great.
And as an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion, we proudly encourage people from all walks of life to apply (even tea drinkers).
So if the above made you stand up dramatically, look to the horizon, and think: “Whoa, that’s me,” send us an application – and let us know how you like your coffee, too.
Check out more on Glassdoor