Product Engineering – Robusta
Keen to work for a seriously fun, award-winning global software company? Are you an agile loving, collaborative full stack developer? Then keep reading.
PaperCut develops print management software that helps over 50,000 businesses in 180 countries reduce waste, boost security, and cut costs.
In addition to our main base in Australia, we have two offices in the US and UK, and a bunch of partners around the globe. We’ve also grown a lot in the last two years – going from a team of 90 to over 180 today – and now we need you.
Our Robusta team is building a new strategic line of products and development is gathering momentum. Reporting to the Delivery Manager, you will develop solutions in an agile polyglot environment (Go, Typescript, Kotlin, Java, iOS, Android) as well as performing DevOps / support tasks. This is as “full stack” as it gets. However, most of the code the Robusta team cut is Go.
What you'll do...
- Write well written, readable and tested code. We're looking for quality over quantity and simple over clever.
- Contribute to the “tribal knowledge” of the team.
- Mentor and assist with fast tracking new members of the team to come up to speed in their role.
- Contribute to architectural discussions and participate in code reviews among the team.
- Most importantly you will be product focused and be expected to think critically about how your contribution will improve the experience of our customers.
What you've got...
- You're a team player willing to take on tasks outside of traditional development if required e.g. QA, BA, support, market validation.
- With expert knowledge in at least one of Go, Java, React and with a working knowledge of the others (you will be asked pick up Go, our core development language).
- Comfortable with or willing to learn agile and XP practices (pair programming etc.)
- You can adapt to an ever-changing software and business environment.
- Extra points for mobile dev experience, cloud, NoSql databases, IoT, big data and data analytics, or single page applications.
- An active involvement in meetups or some form of software community contribution is not mandatory but will be viewed favourably and is encouraged within PaperCut.
- An IT degree (BSc in Computer Science or Software Engineering) is preferred.
- Hopefully you love coffee, because we have unlimited espresso coffee at our in-house cafe. We’ll even train you to be a barista, as we value quality in everything we do.
- Our Camberwell location is central without being in the city, only a minute's walk from the train station and easily accessible by car. You also get an outstanding view of the city from our shiny new deck.
- You will have access to generous parental leave and flexible working practices.
- There will be plenty of opportunities to focus on your well-being with weekly yoga, meditation, running, and walking groups.
- We love loyalty, and hope that you do, too. PaperCutters get an additional five days annual leave for every five years they spend with us.
- Co-founders Chris and Matt genuinely love sharing success with our people. So each year you'll get a 'share the success' bonus, based on how well we met our company goals.
Our startup way of thinking means we’re wired a little differently to your everyday corporate.
You’ll find us in our comfy clothes around the coffee machine, not in suits around the boardroom table. Our leaders don’t hide away in offices; they collaborate with you to evolve what makes us great.
And as an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion, we proudly encourage people from all walks of life to apply (even tea drinkers).
So if the above made you stand up dramatically, look to the horizon, and think: “Whoa, that’s me,” send us an application – and let us know how you like your coffee, too.
Check out more on Glassdoor