Senior Full-stack Engineer (node.js/typescript)
New York City and/or Remote /
Paperspace is a high-performance cloud computing and ML development platform for building, training, and deploying machine learning models. Tens of thousands of individuals, startups, and enterprises use Paperspace to iterate faster and collaborate on intelligent, real-time prediction engines.
Paperspace is backed by leading investors including Battery Ventures, Intel Capital, SineWave Ventures, Sorenson Ventures, Y Combinator, and Initialized Capital.
We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe creating a more diverse environment directly impacts our ability to collaborate effectively, build a better community, and produce a better product.
About the Role
We are looking for highly motivated engineers to help us architect the future of machine learning and GPU cloud computing. This position requires a love of software and a willingness to jump between many levels of a stack (from nitty gritty optimization to questions of systems architecture and organization). In this role, you'll be helping to build out the public API services used by our clients and SDKs, and you will be implementing new user scenarios for machine learning practices. Our stack makes use of an ORM layer and a high performance framework on top of Express.js. You should feel comfortable building and debugging all parts of any scenario especially the middle tier API layer in Node.js. There will also be opportunities to work in other parts of the stack, including the database layer, the message broker layer, and backend services written in Go or other languages.
The ideal candidate should be energized new tech/frameworks/tools, and utilize that technology and their fellow peers to do whatever is most expedient to get the job done. We hope to continue to build a team full of resilient, tenacious collaborators that are passionate about building a product for fellow developers. The market for the Gradient platform is open for us to fully capture, and a new contributor's focus on product and design can accelerate that success.
• production deployment / DevOps experience (Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD, etc)
• experience building and extending backend server frameworks
• familiarity with microservices architecture and design patterns
• familiarity with message bus architectures
• SQL and NoSQL datasource experience, including schema design/data definition
• Git/GitHub experience, including merging, rebasing, and pull requests
• familiarity with Golang and/or Python is a plus
• technical leadership experience is desirable but not required
• Generous PTO
• Multiple health care options with premium plans in addition to Vision and Dental Insurance plans
• Commuter benefits with contribution from the company
• Fitness & wellness benefit
• Competitive parental leave policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that values and welcomes diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Our offices are headquartered in Brooklyn, NY. Since March of 2020, the team has been working remotely. We will continue to do so with a few safe opportunities for in-person collaboration and socializing. Our primary goal is to keep everyone on the team as safe and healthy as possible during this time.