San Francisco, CA /
Customer Success /
Give people superpowers
The aha! moment when you first create something meaningful with code is a one of a kind feeling, and to someone who's never experienced it before, almost indescribable. At Parabola, we give that feeling to everyone whether or not they have a background in software engineering.
Parabola is closing the productivity inequality gap with a drag-and-drop, visual programming platform. We're starting with knowledge workers (e.g., marketing, sales, operations) and empowering them to increase their productivity leverage and become self-sufficient without having to learn how to code.
Our users consistently describe Parabola as their new superpower that makes them feel empowered to solve any problem that comes their way.
Make a huge impact
Joining as one of the first 20 employees means shaping our culture, helping hire the next 20 people, and being a critical component of delivering the power of programming to people who don't have time to learn to code.
We'll work with you to set your own trajectory, and together ensure you have as much opportunity as you strive for. We're looking for people who want to come do the best work they've ever done, and we'll help make sure they're empowered to do so. Said differently, we're excited about where you're coming from but much more excited about where you're heading.
At Parabola, we're building a powerful, complex product that's easy and delightful to use. It's an exciting challenge. To do this well, it's critical that we have a tight feedback loop with our users. That's where you come in. As a Growth Associate, you'll be crucial in helping us get Parabola into the hands of many more users. You'll do so by working with the team to define and iterate on our go-to-market strategy, helping our customers succeed (through customer calls, responding to support questions), and bringing what you learn to other parts of our product and business (from executing on new marketing ideas to scoping new features for our product). This is a highly unique role where you'll get experience working with customers and marketing as well as product, design, and engineering. This role is quite flexible and the right candidate will be excited about contributing across several teams and areas and help define what their role is and where it will head over time. In return, we'll make sure you get to work on high-impact projects with significant ownership and autonomy and exposure to the leadership team.
If you’re excited by solving these types of challenges and want to have a massive impact on the team and our trajectory as a company, we want to talk to you!
A great week would be...
• Developing hypotheses for new growth opportunities for the company, leading the charge to test those opportunities, and presenting results to the leadership team.
• Ideating, outlining, and writing a blog post aiming to educate the world about the value of increasing their productivity leverage.
• Leading several customer calls and sharing what you learned with the rest team.
• Analyzing conversion data to identify the best performing channels and strategize how to double down on them next month.
• Writing up Parabola recipes to help our users find value in our product more quickly and highlight our best use cases.
• Helping respond to support requests over email and in our Community.
• Experience: You have 1-2 years of experience working in fast-paced environment. More important than years of experience, you are a fast learner and excel in environments with ambiguous, challenging problems.
• Writer: You are a great writer, able to take complex (sometimes technical) topics and distill them into concise, persuasive messaging.
• Communicator: You are a strong communicator and can build trust and rapport with others quickly (from customers to teammates!).
• Analytical: You have an aptitude for working with data, from survey results to product metrics.
• Growth mindset: You are constantly looking for ways to grow and learn and you'll bring that excitement about growth to the company.
• Tinkerer: You enjoy learning new tools and processes and building things from scratch.
• Resourceful and proactive: Your default is to figure out how to solve a problem, not why it can’t be done.
• Pride in your craft: You are organized and thoughtful and have a strong work ethic. You care about your work.
• You are you: You are unique. You bring something great and uniquely awesome to the team. You are proud of who you are.
• Fully covered medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Custom desk setup w/ equipment of your choice
• Flexible work & generous vacation policy
• Lunch and team meals 5x per week
• Monthly team events (past events include cooking classes, mini golf, bowling, and more)
• Team led lunch & learns (past lunch & learn topics include TypeScript, loose leaf tea, and more)
• Dog-friendly office