San Francisco Bay Area /
At Parallel Domain, we believe that autonomous systems – from self-driving cars to contactless delivery drones – have the opportunity to drastically improve the quality of life for billions of people. That is why we love what we do: enabling our customers to develop their technology safely using the Parallel Domain data generation platform. Our platform revolutionizes the way our customers generate sensor data for AI development. We're looking for people like you to join us in pushing the boundaries of artificial intelligence and synthetic data.
We are looking for a customer-facing Solutions Engineer to position how Parallel Domain’s products can solve difficult challenges faced by companies working on autonomous systems to technical audiences. As the first Solutions Engineer hire, you will lead and shape our solutions engineering program by building a deep understanding of the Parallel Domain technology to demonstrate how our products can solve customer needs. You will play an essential role in empowering customers to get the most out of our solutions, continuously improving the quality of our products and the overall customer experience. The ideal candidate is an ambitious, customer-focused team player that thrives in a start-up environment.
This position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA, with remote work options available.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL ...
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations tailored to our growing customer base
- Collaborate with our sales and customer success teams to gather customer requirements through detailed technical discussions and scoping meetings
- Deeply understand our prospects and customers to demonstrate how Parallel Domain can provide value for customer use cases; architect custom solutions when needed
- Work closely with product team & internal engineering team to ensure new functionality is available for customer needs
- Explore new product development areas driven by strategic understanding of customer landscape
- 3+ years of customer-facing experience in technical sales for software products
- 3+ years as either an application engineer or a developer of complex software for enterprise applications
- Experience in machine-learning, AI, and/ or simulation products - especially related to autonomous systems, computer vision, and machine perception
- Strong motivation to drive value for prospects & customers - and to provide an exceptional customer experience
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to explain complex technical products & excite customers about the technology
- (post-COVID) Ability to travel frequently to different customer locations to work onsite
- Driven, proactive, organized, high level of professionalism, and strong cross-functional teaming skills
- Passionate about autonomous systems & Parallel Domain solutions
- Experience with geographic information systems, maps, or geospatial systems
- Strong programming and 3D math skills
- Experience in automotive OEMs
- Deep software development expertise
- Experience in the autonomous systems and/or computer vision industries, including but not limited to autonomous vehicles, delivery robots, drones, etc.