Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada /
At Parallel Domain, we believe that autonomous systems – from self-driving cars to contactless delivery drones – have the opportunity to drastically improve the quality of life for billions of people. That is why we love what we do: enabling our customers to develop their technology safely using the Parallel Domain data generation platform. Our platform revolutionizes the way our customers generate sensor data for AI development. We're looking for people like you to join us in pushing the boundaries of artificial intelligence and synthetic data.
We are building tools that enable our customers to generate and interact with our synthetic datasets, making our toolchain a part of their daily development workflow. In this role you will drive the design vision for these interactive tools, making them more intuitive, robust, and developer friendly.
This is a highly cross functional role, that will work closely with our engineering, content, product and sales teams to ensure that we are successfully meeting our customer needs. Ideally, we are looking for someone with a technical background who understands computer vision workflows, great UX design, and how to enable complicated data interaction through intuitive and elegant design.
This is an exciting time to join our team as we look to scale our offerings to help power computer vision applications. This position could based out of our San Francisco Bay Area or Vancouver offices, with remote work options available.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR...
- Research: Using qualitative and quantitative data, you'll identify important product insights. You'll talk with a highly technical group of users -- identify their core problems, empathize with their needs, and translate them into elegantly designed solutions
- Design: Design and prototype solutions for a variety of web based tools (visualizers, dashboards, documentation portals etc..) Own the end to end design experience from overall user flow to refining small details in visual design
- Deliver: You'll take ownership of projects and manage multiple priorities against deadlines. You will go beyond your formal responsibilities to ensure that something gets over the finish line
- Partner: You will partner with product management to inform our strategy and roadmap. Work closely with sales to ensure they have the necessary collateral to go out into the field. Collaborate with engineering / content to deeply understand our platform pipeline
- You have a strong portfolio demonstrating 3+ years of experience designing technically complex developer focused products
- You are an excellent story teller and communicator. You can present and defend your design choices and influence your non-design teammates.
- You have experience conducting customer interviews and deriving insights that drive design decisions
- You have technical chops (read code, work with cloud infrastructure etc...)
- You have continuously demonstrated a relentless focus on the customer
- You can work outside of a traditional design role (coding, product management, marketing etc..)
- Prior experience with early stage startups
- Experience working in autonomous vehicles / machine learning / computer vision