Embedded Software Engineer
Los Angeles, CA /
Parallel Systems is an early-stage startup company developing the future of intermodal transportation. Our mission is to decarbonize freight while improving supply chain logistics and safety. We are developing vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to work with talented people who are humble, motivated, and persistent. Our most successful team members are self-starters and collaborate with others to reach our collective goals.
As an Embedded Systems software engineer on the Perception team, you will design, build, and maintain critical kernel-level code to deploy Parallel’s machine-learning models in an embedded operating system. You will develop drivers and modules for the various perception sensors in a multi-threaded, real-time environment. Additionally, your work will involve ensuring the reliable, efficient operation of Linux processes in a hardware-constrained environment. Your work will require close collaboration with software, electrical, and mechanical engineers to integrate and test new sensors.
- Design, build, and maintain critical kernel and driver code onboard the vehicle
- Implement features to support hardware testing and diagnosis
- Deploy and debug applications in the field.
- Develop new drivers and controllers for sensors.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline.
- 2+ years experience with low-level systems software (C/C++/Rust or similar) and strong software engineering fundamentals.
- 2+ years experience with debuggers such as gdb, lidb, etc.
- 1+ years experience with Linux, OS native APIs, and multi-threaded frameworks
- Experience with Rust
- Experience with cameras and related sensors
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (Yocto, Docker, bitbake).
- Experience with an embedded computing platform (Nvidia Jetson)
- Experience with video streaming (H.265, ffmpeg, gstreamer)
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.