Software Engineer, Test
Culver City, CA /
Parallel Systems is an early-stage startup company developing the future of intermodal transportation. Our mission is to decarbonize freight while improving supply chain logistics and safety. We are developing vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to work with talented people that are humble, motivated, and persistent. Our most successful team members are self-starters and collaborate with others to reach our collective goals.
As a Software Engineer in Test you will be responsible for validating the performance of our autonomous rail vehicles. You will work closely with other engineers (including electrical, mechanical, and software) to derive system requirements and build the corresponding hardware testbeds and software test cases. You are passionate about autonomous vehicle development and will bring that enthusiasm to solving challenging problems in pursuit of a reliable and scalable testing ecosystem. As an early employee at a fast-moving startup you will work on a multitude of technical projects and help shape the direction of the company.
- Design, maintain and improve Hardware-in-the-Loop testbeds
- Define and develop test cases for validating hardware and software systems
- Develop real-time test applications
- Develop software that interfaces with embedded systems (motor controllers, power electronics, data acquisition hardware)
- Support testing and data analysis to identify and root-cause issues
- Support R&D tests
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline
- Significant experience with software development, in Python, C, C++, Rust or similar language
- Proficient with software version control systems (git) and Continuous Integration tools
- Familiarity with interpreting electronics schematics and wiring diagrams
- Familiarity with common test equipment such a power supplies, DMMs, and oscilloscopes
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline.
- Experience with Hardware-in-the-Loop testing or hardware validation/acceptance testing
- Experience in power electronics testing including power converters, battery chargers, and motor controllers
- Experience with soldering, crimping and use of other hand tools for electronics integration and repair
About Parallel Systems
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.