Culver City, CA /
Parallel Systems is an early-stage startup company developing the future of intermodal transportation. Our mission is to decarbonize freight while improving supply chain logistics and safety. We are developing vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to work with talented people that are humble, motivated, and persistent. Our most successful team members are self-starters and collaborate with others to reach our collective goals.
We're looking for a purchaser to help us grow our production and engineering capabilities. In this role, you'll be responsible for working with vendors and engineers to source electronics, hardware, and custom fabricated parts. As the team grows, you'll have the opportunity to work with leadership to develop standards and systems that streamline material acquisition and handling. Ideal candidates would have strong organizational skills, a keen attention to detail, and familiarity with business-to-business relationships.
- Place orders with vendors based on requests from engineering and production staff.
- Communicate with vendors to arrange payment and shipping.
- Communicate with vendors to confirm delivery schedules and communicate any delays to production staff.
- Receive shipments, audit quantities, and distribute parts to the correct department.
- Maintain accurate records of materials stored in inventory.
- Maintain stock levels of consumable materials.
- Obtain competitive bids when appropriate to identify preferred vendors.
- Work with leadership to develop procedures, guidelines, and tools for efficient communication between departments regarding purchasing and inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to safety.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize a range of tasks to meet schedule objectives.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- 3+ years of experience in a business-to-business role.
- Familiarity with hardware and electronic components.
- Familiarity with database tools and/or line-of-business software.
- Familiarity with international logistics (Incoterms.)
About Parallel Systems
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.