Software Engineer, Perception
Palo Alto, CA /
Parallel Systems is an early-stage startup company developing the future of intermodal freight transportation. Our mission is to reduce transportation costs and make an impact on emissions and safety. We are developing the vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to collaborate with diverse people that are motivated, persistent, and take personal accountability for their work. Our most successful team members are self-starters, take the time to explain things to others, and accept constructive feedback.
As a Software Engineer in Perception at Parallel Systems, you will be working to solve challenging problems in the design and implementation of the perception system for our autonomous rail vehicle. You will work closely with other engineers (including electrical, mechanical, and software) to overcome challenges and contribute towards a reliable, safe vehicle. As an early employee at a fast-moving startup you will work on a multitude of technical projects and shape the direction of the company.
- Work with other members of the perception team, as well as other software and engineering groups, to develop and improve the perception architecture.
- Research and develop cutting edge ML/CV algorithms and models for the perception system.
- Bring your models to production, demonstrate robustness, and optimize for deployment on our autonomous rail vehicles.
- Engage with company objectives and tailor solutions and plans to hit schedule targets.
- Mentor other software engineers and contribute to software team technical growth.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline.
- Software development experience in C++ and/or Python.
- Experience with TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet or similar deep learning framework.
- Experience with OpenCV or similar computer vision framework.
- MSc or PhD in machine learning, computer vision or a related field.
- Experience writing software for production edge computing systems.
- Experience architecting real time, critical systems.
- Strong software development teamwork skills including the use of version control systems (git), and conducting code reviews.
- Excellent communicator, flexible and motivated.
- Excited to work in a small, cross-discipline engineering team on challenging problems!
About Parallel Systems
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.