Internship, Mechanical Engineering
Culver City, CA /
Parallel Systems is an early-stage startup company developing the future of intermodal freight transportation. Our mission is to reduce transportation costs and make an impact on emissions and safety. We are developing the vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to collaborate with diverse people that are motivated, persistent, and take personal accountability for their work. Our most successful team members are self-starters, take the time to explain things to others, and accept constructive feedback.
Work with the Parallel Systems Mechanical Engineering team for a 12 week internship over the summer. Design and build hardware for our autonomous vehicles!
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Execute on all phases of hardware development including requirements capture, prototyping, and design validation.
- Design, build and analyze vehicle components, including structure and mechanisms.
- Support vehicle integration and validation.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time program working towards a bachelors, masters or PhD in mechanical engineering or a related engineering field
About Parallel Systems
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.