Culver City, CA /
Parallel Systems is an early-stage startup company developing the future of intermodal transportation. Our mission is to decarbonize freight while improving supply chain logistics and safety. We are developing vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to work with talented people that are humble, motivated, and persistent. Our most successful team members are self-starters and collaborate with others to reach our collective goals.
We're looking for a technical coordinator to help us grow our production and test capabilities. In this role, you'll work with engineers, technicians, and vendors to build and integrate complex structural and elecromechanical assemblies. As the company grows, you'll be able to develop standards and systems that streamline production. Ideal candidates would be building on strong technician skills and have a desire to expand their responsibilities to include coordination of a team of technicians and production planning.
- Support the build, test, and integration of fabricated structures, electronic components, wire harnesses, and mechanical assemblies.
- Maintain organized task lists and work schedules to complete vehicle builds.
- Build and maintain bills of materials and other production records to keep production consistent and timely.
- Maintain various resources including parts inventory, tooling & equipment, and engineering lab spaces.
- Troubleshoot vehicles including mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems with support from engineering staff.
- Support field operations by helping to set up facilities, tooling, and staff to perform vehicle maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrades.
- Participate in the hiring and management of production staff as the company grows.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to safety.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Reads & understands mechanical drawings, wiring diagrams, and electrical schematics.
- Experience with integrated electromechanical systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- 3+ years as technician, mechanic, or project engineer; preferably in automated equipment, heavy machinery, automotive, transportation, or related industries.
- Experience in production planning, project management, or supply chain management.
- Experience supervising small teams.
- Familiarity with fabrication and assembly techniques and tooling.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic electrical and mechanical problems.
About Parallel Systems
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.