Technical Project Manager
Los Angeles, CA /
Parallel Systems is an early-stage startup company developing the future of intermodal transportation. Our mission is to decarbonize freight while improving supply chain logistics and safety. We are developing vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to work with talented people who are humble, motivated, and persistent. Our most successful team members are self-starters and collaborate with others to reach our collective goals.
The Software team at Parallel Systems is developing technology to safely route a new generation of autonomous vehicles through existing rail infrastructure and safety control systems. As a Technical Project Manager you will help coordinate the efforts of internal software teams with customers and other external stakeholders.
- Coordinate the efforts cross-functional teams, including external stakeholders, to execute multiple projects and programs
- Drive product development processes with software teams to reach roadmap goals, analyzing risks, and communicating status to internal and external stakeholders
- Work with engineering leadership to synthesize customer needs, develop program schedules, and track cross-team dependencies
- Assist engineering leadership in proactively addressing common customer pain points while configuring and using the Parallel Systems software modules
- Bachelors degree
- 3+ years of experience managing software development projects and working with partners
- Ability to effectively engage, communicate, and present to internal and external executive leadership
- Experience delivering software in a regulated industry
- Proven track record in delivering complex software projects in an a startup environment
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure and the IoT technology ecosystem
- Experience with software requirements development
- Experience with adapting software requirements to meet security certifications such as SOC 2 and ISO27001
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.