Forward Deployed Software Engineer
Culver City, CA /
Parallel Systems is an early-stage startup company developing the future of intermodal transportation. Our mission is to decarbonize freight while improving supply chain logistics and safety. We are developing vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to work with talented people that are humble, motivated, and persistent. Our most successful team members are self-starters and collaborate with others to reach our collective goals.
As a Forward Deployed Software Engineer on the Railroad Integration team at Parallel Systems, you will be solving a wide array of technical challenges necessary for Parallel’s autonomous vehicles to operate seamlessly with existing railroad infrastructure. As an early employee at a fast-moving startup you will work on a multitude of technical projects and shape the direction of the company.
- Develop scalable system designs and reusable software modules to onboard partner railroads
- Design and build applications to support train field operations and scheduling
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams that include external stakeholders
- Design and build applications for real-time fleet operations, telemetry, and metrics
- Bachelor's degree in an Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
- Willingness and interest to travel as needed to customer sites, up to 25%
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools
- Experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams of technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience building and deploying production software in cloud environments
- Working knowledge of Geospatial systems and libraries such as PostGIS and GDAL
- Solid understanding of VPCs, Load Balancers, and VPNs in AWS or Google Cloud
- Proficiency with gateway servers such as Nginx or HAProxy
About Parallel Systems
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.