Los Angeles, CA /
Parallel Systems is an early-stage startup company developing the future of intermodal transportation. Our mission is to decarbonize freight while improving supply chain logistics and safety. We are developing vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to work with talented people who are humble, motivated, and persistent. Our most successful team members are self-starters and collaborate with others to reach our collective goals.
We're looking for talented Electrical Engineers to help us architect the vehicle, design components, and test the system. In this role you'll be working with fellow engineers and technicians to bringing up new designs in our lab here in Culver City, and run vehicles on our dedicated test track just outside the city. This is an opportunity to engage early with new designs, making a huge impact on the direction of the technology. Ideal candidates would be building on strong first principles and engineering skills and have a desire to expand their responsibilities to own hardware designs.
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary engineering teams. Derive architecture, meet and present technical direction, build consensus
- Execute on all phases of hardware development including requirements capture, prototyping, design validation, and manufacturing readiness
- Design system block diagrams, schematics, select components, and layout PCBAs. Conduct worst-case circuit analysis in support of safety critical hardware
- Support development of acceptance testing for electronics hardware
- Support vehicle integration and validation
- BS in Electrical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline
- 1+ years of experience in electronics hardware development or validation
- 3+ years of experience in electronics hardware development or validation
- Leadership role in extra-curricular engineering project
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline
- Experience in power electronics design including power converters, battery chargers, and motor controllers
- Experience with HV systems including battery management systems
- Experience analog and digital circuit design
- Excellent communicator, flexible and motivated
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.