Culver City, CA /
Parallel Systems is an early-stage startup company developing the future of intermodal freight transportation. Our mission is to reduce transportation costs and make an impact on emissions and safety. We are developing the vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to collaborate with diverse people that are motivated, persistent, and take personal accountability for their work. Our most successful team members are self-starters, take the time to explain things to others, and accept constructive feedback.
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary engineering teams. Derive requirements, meet and present technical direction, build consensus
- Execute on all phases of hardware development including requirements capture, prototyping, design validation, and manufacturing readiness
- Design system block diagrams, schematics, select components, and layout PCBAs. Conduct worst-case circuit analysis in support of safety critical hardware
- Support development of acceptance testing for electronics hardware
- Support vehicle integration and validation
- BS in Electrical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline
- 3+ years of experience in electronics hardware development or validation
- Leadership role in extra-curricular engineering project
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline
- Experience in power electronics design including power converters, battery chargers, and motor controllers
- Experience with HV power systems including battery management systems
- Experience analog and digital circuit design
- Excellent communicator, flexible and motivated
About Parallel Systems
Parallel Systems is committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.