Software Engineer, Backend
Palo Alto, CA /
Parallel Systems is an early-stage startup company developing the future of intermodal freight transportation. Our mission is to reduce transportation costs and make an impact on emissions and safety. We are developing the vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to collaborate with diverse people that are motivated, persistent, and take personal accountability for their work. Our most successful team members are self-starters, take the time to explain things to others, and accept constructive feedback.
As a Software Engineer on the Fleet Management team at Parallel Systems, you will be working on a wide array of applications and algorithms to enable the operation of our fleet of autonomous vehicles. As an early employee at a fast-moving startup you will work on a multitude of technical projects and shape the direction of the company.
- Design and build applications for real-time fleet operations, telemetry, and metrics
- Develop vehicle code to interact with off-board services
- Collaborate with autonomy, mapping, and hardware engineers
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, math, or related field
- Experience building and architecting large-scale, production quality systems and microservices
- Experience with Rust, Python, or Go
- Experience with REST APIs, Protobufs, GraphQL, message queues
- Experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience with a systems programming language such as C++, Rust, or Go
- Extensive experience with design and implementation of distributed backend services
- Solid understanding of networking stack and web protocols
- Previous experience working with autonomous vehicles
About Parallel Systems
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.