Internship, Perception Software, Summer 2023
Los Angeles, CA /
Parallel Systems is an early-stage startup company developing the future of intermodal transportation. Our mission is to decarbonize freight while improving supply chain logistics and safety. We are developing vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to work with talented people who are humble, motivated, and persistent. Our most successful team members are self-starters and collaborate with others to reach our collective goals.
Join us in Los Angeles for an in-person software internship! You will be assigned a project and a mentor, and interact daily with fellow engineers to write code and design systems to be deployed in the real world.
- Designing, implementing, and testing new features for the perception application and data collection system
- Working closely in collaboration with your mentor.
- Learning about and developing new drivers and controllers for our various sensors and their data.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time program working towards a bachelors, masters or PhD in computer science or a related engineering field.
- Experience with software development processes. (git, unit testing, issue tracking)
- Experience with low-level systems languages like C, C++, or Rust.
- Experience with Rust.
- Experience with Gstreamer and Deepstream.
- Experience with an embedded computing platform like the NVIDIA Jetson.
- Familiarity with machine learning principles.
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.